Starfield - Discussion Thread

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Lol i had to click the About Us at the bottom of the page as i would not put it past them.
Yep, I was like.. yeah, that makes sense, totally a Bethesda move lol
To be fair, Skyrim is still a much better game in every single regard so why not. I'm this close to reinstalling it for the 27th time just because it got mentioned and weirdly enough I have never modded the hell out of it, so it might be time lol

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
A mile wide, but an inch deep. Elite Dangerous had the same problem for me. After a while it is just the same thing, rinse and repeat. It's alright for a bit of mindless gunplay, I suppose, but they really whiffed on giving the player a REASON to keep playing.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
A mile wide, but an inch deep. Elite Dangerous had the same problem for me. After a while it is just the same thing, rinse and repeat. It's alright for a bit of mindless gunplay, I suppose, but they really whiffed on giving the player a REASON to keep playing.
I think it was much worse then ED to be honest, when ED came out there was a lot to learn skill and fun regarding ships weapons tactics, and Powerplay was actually good fun too I spent so many hours enforcing space politics via the use of combat ships. Starfield was crapola from the off. This is why I never buy games based on YouTube reviewers as they all say everythings great now just to get more and more freebies for content.

Reactions: Han Burgundy

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I think it was much worse then ED to be honest, when ED came out there was a lot to learn skill and fun regarding ships weapons tactics, and Powerplay was actually good fun too I spent so many hours enforcing space politics via the use of combat ships. Starfield was crapola from the off. This is why I never buy games based on YouTube reviewers as they all say everythings great now just to get more and more freebies for content.
I'm not sure I'd agree with it being worse then ED. After all there was a main story arc and several long side missions that helped flush out the verse. I do agree that the replayability and auto gen content was very shallow along with the hints of something grand with base building and ship building. It was still a solid single player story driven game.

Reactions: Deroth

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I'm not sure I'd agree with it being worse then ED. After all there was a main story arc and several long side missions that helped flush out the verse. I do agree that the replayability and auto gen content was very shallow along with the hints of something grand with base building and ship building. It was still a solid single player story driven game.
Disagree I was bored in 5 hours.

Forgot your password?