Starfield page up on Steam

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
So it looks like $70 or Euros for the base game and $100 or Euros for the premium...

The specs don't look that bad either...lol, of course, you have to pay extra to get the Day 1 "Story Expansion" (?Starfield Chapter 2?).

• Minimum:
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 125 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD Required

• Recommended:
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 125 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD Required

As usual, with Bethesda and all their bugs, I'll let the modders do their work, and I'll pick it up about 6-9 months after release.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Opening week will have issues.

Frame rates will be bad, people will cry. Some missions will be bugged, some glitch in some game mechanic will occur. Some gamers will claim this is the biggest traversty to have occured during their adult lives, they will type many angry tweets. Bethesda will patch the worst issues the first week and gradually fix the rest over the next few months. Modders will be quicker to address the worst of the issues.

This is the way.

Reactions: wmk

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I put in my pre-order for it. Honestly, I never saw the big issues people had with other big name titles. People love to blast ME:A, but as someone who played through it starting day one, I never saw the big issues people had. The thing is, people will complain about anything these days, and the internet is one big are to go vent their spleen on what they find wrong in a game/world/life without ever having to pretend to have a rational discussion.

I like the idea, and while it is not quite as immersive as SC will be with multi-player and fully explore le worlds, I think it will be a good game and SC could win or lose with this as a competitor. If people can play and get 90 percent of what they want without having to deal with 30k errors, 19004 errors, loss of cargo, etc. because CIG is putting out buggy code, plus not having to deal with the murder hobos out there…SC just might lose the space sim game war. after all, it offers what a want of people really want out of SC…Multi crew ships with AI/NPCs crewing the stations,fully exploitable worlds, buildable outposts,trading, fighting on their terms, fully customizable ships, etc.

Of course, people might play and come to SC wanting the little more that it adds too, so SC might win from this competition…we will see.

CIG better watch their tailfeathers

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Oh,and the new Star Wars Outlaws is the first SW game I have been really interested in for a long time.

Reactions: vahadar

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Starfield runs at 30 frames per second on both Xbox Series X and S, Bethesda’s Todd Howard has confirmed
Howard said Starfield runs in 4K resolution on the Xbox Series X and 1440p on the Xbox Series S, but has locked Starfield at 30fps on console to ensure “consistency” of performance

Source:

Also, thank God for cheap SSD drives!
(...) Storage: 125 GB available space; Additional Notes: SSD Required

ssd.png

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
30 fps was a choice. Better fidelity and appearance on a card equivalent to a 3060.

it will have better performance on a PC…where games should be played

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Gotta admit that Starfield's planetary gameplay looks sharp. If CIG had videos of their planets that were that good we'd definitely be talking more about them.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
After the last half a decade of content pre order disappointments, only a moron* would still be pre order a modern game.

* if this hurts your feelings, please report me to Montoya. He may laugh heartily and put your whining in a YouTube video

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Every time someone pre-orders, that little devil on the project managers shoulder whispers:

"Go on, release a Minimal Viable Product, they've bought in without even needing an actual copy of the game yet, just a promise of it, I mean they are practically telling you to aren't they?"

Reactions: Radegast74

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Devil: "It'd be a shame to put in all that crunch effort only to have to re-do it all when the reviews come in to balance it up a bit... Just release and dev the last 10 percent with the user base being User Acceptance Testers who pay you to provide wide spectrum feedback. "

Forgot your password?