Start Me Up - Ship Talk #11: The Starter Ships

You just started the SC PU and can choose 1 Starter. What will it be?

• The Aurora ES

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • The Mustang Alpha

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • The Reliant

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
AAAHHHHH!!!!!! But the 2 TR3s aren't really there, are they??? #fixthecutlass :)
And thrusters don't even have anything to do with top speed, they've just been pulling numbers out their ass. Acceleration is what the thrusters control, I wish they would let us go as fast as we wannnnntttt

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I'm really torn between choosing the Aurora or the Reliant as my starter. It really comes down to whether or not it will be feasible to man it right out of the gate. Will it be able to make enough cash to offset the cost of either hiring an NPC immediately, or splitting profits with another player.

I voted for the Aurora simply because we know the ship and how it is expected to function. Once we get some more hard data on the Reliant I might change my vote, but as it stands I'm personally not sold on using it as an immediate starter. Maybe use an Aurora for a few hours (or however long it takes to get enough cash to hire an NPC assistant and then switch to it.
You can easily fly it solo like the Super Hornet.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I think that the gimbal has a really large range of motion though, so having that second crew member can give you a lot larger field of fire. Incentive to grab a friend :)

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I don't doubt that it will be flyable solo, my reservation stems from it's actual vs potential effectiveness given that it is a two seater, and CIG has stated that not filling seats will hurt the overall potential of your boat. My thought is this: semi truck driving teams make more money than solo drivers as they can get more hours on the road. While it won't be a matter of how many hours can you fly before you have to stop to rest/tag your partner in, I'm waiting until we have a better understanding of how big of an impact flying solo will have on what the ship can do (compared to two people, and compared to the Aurora and Mustang).

Forgot your password?