Starting a D&D group

sum1

Grand Admiral
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I tried watching some of the recent stuff and while it is good...really good...each episode is *long*. To warm myself up, I watched a 30 minute clip of this, and it definitely whet my appetite to watch a longer episode. I definitely have attention problems, even if I'm having a great time playing SC with people, after about 60 minutes or so, I'm ready to get up and do something else...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o
Vex and Grog (the two players sitting closest to Matt are part of Critical Roll, and those PCs are from their first campaign.

Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Fantasy Grounds is an alternative to Roll20. Each has a rabid fan base.

AL = Adventurer's League (organized play). I was the guy who made sure the local game shops had what they needed.
Well build a campaign. We'll be done ours current one about half way to Star citizen's release. You can fill in the other half eh!

Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
God, I haven't played D&D for ages. When I was in Boy Scouts we'd play on our camping trips when there was a break to be had. I have always wanted to find a local group and try to get involved in that again. I have a friend who plays on Fantasy Grounds but that doesn't do it for me. To me D&D is about meeting with your friends, a nice big table, lots of dice, and too much junk food. Playing online just makes it feel sort of like a video game to me. *nostalgic sigh*

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
God, I haven't played D&D for ages. When I was in Boy Scouts we'd play on our camping trips when there was a break to be had. I have always wanted to find a local group and try to get involved in that again. I have a friends who plays on Fantasy Grounds but that doesn't do it for me. To me D&D is about meeting with your friends, a nice big table, lots of dice, and too much junk food. Playing online just makes it feel sort of like a video game to me. *nostalgic sigh*
Oh zapper you have to try. Contact the @sum1 and beg him to let you join our group.

Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
The biggest trouble is that I work 2nd shift... which means I'm not available most nights.
We're not available most nights either!
Right now
Maybe in ten or fifteen years I'll have some days off. But I'm guessing I'll have knocked some chick up by then and will only have whatever days off my wife tells me I'll have off. :smile:
So you're in good company.

Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Maybe in ten or fifteen years I'll have some days off. But I'm guessing I'll have knocked some chick up by then and will only have whatever days off my wife tells me I'll have off.
Which translate to never. My goal now is to get game time in when the young lings want to game as quality time spent with the kids.