Starting location

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Congrats on pulling the trigger. The 2 starting locations that I recommend most are either New Babbage on Microtech & Loreville on Hurston due to them being able to spawn ground vehicles should you end up with 1 before the next time it's required to choose again. Personally, I chose NB due to my liking the items offered there over that of Loreville.

Starooqi

Commander
Mar 27, 2022
RSI Handle
Starooqi
Congrats on pulling the trigger. The 2 starting locations that I recommend most are either New Babbage on Microtech & Loreville on Hurston due to them being able to spawn ground vehicles should you end up with 1 before the next time it's required to choose again. Personally, I chose NB due to my liking the items offered there over that of Loreville.
Thanks.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Not much between Lorville and Microtech they are both great areas, Microtech is high tech polished while Lorville is Industrial grime.

Lorville has good signage to get around, the pointers to major places like the Spaceport are written on the ground at crossroads and signs on walls at forks, you just have to pay attention. A tram transit system takes you between the major points like the space port.

Microtech is even more straightforward you exit the spawn habitation to the mag-lev transit system which you ride to the major points, including the space port. If you find yourself on the surface without the right suit on you may freeze if you are not in a temperate area, so be aware of that environmental hazard but you won't have that issue in the city, port or transit system.

ArcCorp is impressive but a bit or a warren to get around, or at least it is to me, and Crusader is brand new so has some performance issues compared to the other major ports, there is a long accent before you hit space to be able to Quantum Jump to other places and there is no ground to be able to land on and have a play about but it is most tranquil there.

If I could make a suggestion, perhaps try to first fly your new ship in Arena Commander (the in game simulator) so you have a grasp of how to fly befoe taking your kite up in the 'Verse? Might save you a few respawns.

Please let us know how you got on and what you think of the game! :-)

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
... On the other hand, Loreville is more central to everywhere else, where New Babbage is a long way away from everything else... makes it kind of "not so fun" to fly home, or from home to anywhere. But it's a great place to visit.
I would say Lorville also, as it is central. If you have a small fleet, it is more manageable than travelling bigger distances.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Oh Well, Too late. Went with New Babbage.
It's a great choice, explore the place then have a fly over to Loreville and find out why! :like:

Oh, and Babbage is the only port in the 'Verse with a hologram lady who will tell you jokes if you ask her to. Tell her TEST says hi!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
It's a great choice, explore the place then have a fly over to Loreville and find out why! :like:

Oh, and Babbage is the only port in the 'Verse with a hologram lady who will tell you jokes if you ask her to. Tell her TEST says hi!
Are you trying to get him to TEST the nice AI hologram ladies patience? She might simply not say anything to him at all if she suspects that he's met us after the various hi-jinks that TEST has pulled off through the years.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Are you trying to get him to TEST the nice AI hologram ladies patience? She might simply not say anything to him at all if she suspects that he's met us after the various hi-jinks that TEST has pulled off through the years.
Our reputation precedes us :drunk:

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
FWIW, Lorville *currently* has the advantage of the hospital being on the space station rather than in the city, so you don't need to do the whole train/elevator/request liftoff/fly through atmo thing in order to get out of there. If/when the new Maria hospital comes online however, this might go away, at which point I'll *probably* switch to MT for the sole reason of it being the only place where you can bypass the spaceport when you fly down to do your shopping (Commons).

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
It would go a long way if TEST had a newbie tutorial that recommended where to go to start with the most help. These questions will multiply greatly in August when Pyro releases.
Pyro arrives in August? I figured that at best, the PTU with Pyro would show up during the IAE or sometime during Dec to start the new year with a new system like they did for 3.0.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I prefer Loreville, but unless you are doing trading, you are probably better off basing on one of the stations and you can move your base of operations to one of those.

You aren't stuck with your "home choice." You can just move your inventory and ships to a new location any time you want, then check in at that location's medical facility to move your spawn point.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?