Steam is down?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Anyone having trouble with Steam? I've been playing a lot of Dead by Daylight recently and it kicked me off saying no connection.

P.S. If you want to join me in dbd my Steam id is on my profile

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Weird, it's doing an infinite update for me.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Steam have gone out with a message that some might experience problem with connection due to the COV-19 virus and so many home.

They urge to retry again as servers are just vastly overloaded.. etc... etc...

CHEERS! 🍻

This is mostly of what I got..

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Managing Steam Bandwidth During COVID-19 Pandemic
30 MAR @ 10:46AM - ALDEN
We know a lot of you (like us here at Valve) are stuck at home right now trying to work or attend school remotely. Or maybe you're just playing a bunch of great games on Steam. Whatever the case may be, we know that with so many people at home trying to get things done at the same time, it can put a stress on your home’s internet bandwidth.

With that in mind, we thought it was a good time to remind everyone of some of the features the Steam client offers relating to downloads, so that you can manage your home bandwidth and help everyone in your house handle this unique situation we all find ourselves in.

Changes to Auto-Updating to Spread Out Peak Load
For games that haven’t been played recently, Steam has already been scheduling updates for the next off-peak local time period. Beginning this week, we are now spreading these updates out over several more days. Only games played within the last 3 days will be updated immediately. As always, the game will begin updating immediately if you request to play it, and you can always initiate an update (or pause it indefinitely) through the Download Manager. We’re also looking into additional solutions to help on our side.

Options You Can Control
In addition to changes Steam is making to auto-updating, we wanted to remind you that there are also a number of options you can control. We believe that the best solution for most users is to take advantage of Steam’s existing throttling and scheduling features to set their own optimal behavior. So here are some suggestions – follow this link for more details on how-to:
  • Schedule auto-update windows! This will ensure that Steam doesn’t start updating a game while you’re in the middle of your work day.
  • If you don’t play a game in your library often, you can keep it installed but choose to no longer download automatic updates.
  • You can self-throttle your own connection to Steam. This might ease the load on your network connection, and may help ease bandwidth loads if network traffic in your area needs to be reduced.
  • Take advantage of Library Folders settings, so you can move infrequently-played games from an SSD to a storage HDD. This is usually better for you (and your bandwidth) rather than uninstalling the game and needing to re-download it later.
You can read more about these features here.

As always, let us know if you have further questions or feedback in the comments.

Sincerely,
-The Steam Team

Reactions: Deroth

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Thanks for the tips. It came back up. This is my first day of quarantine and I was hoping Steam or the internet wasn't going down. I might actually have to read or exercise if it did! ;)

Forgot your password?