Suggestions for a good skeleton watch under $300?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I have to salute you @DirectorGunner, not necessarily for your watch tastes but that's just because I don't wear watches so I can't give any suggestions with a straight face. But for planning to do something about your future. Too many people don't, and life is more something that happens to them instead of something they live.

:o7:

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn

Found a Beer Watch. There's several actually.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
@NaffNaffBobFace The LSAT is the test to see if you're smart enough to be an attorney... basically. It's a test designed purposely to make people fail. Each of the 5 sections is impossible to take your time and read/complete unless you are a speed reading/comprehending genius. And the questions are worded in a difficult way to provide the answer. It's not really a knowledge test, it's more of an aptitude test but on steroids. I did a practice test yesterday... it's a hard test man. And I normally ace all the standardized tests I've taken. Gonna be busting my ass studying for the next few months.
Aha, best of luck seems like you are on it already 🙂

Sounds like the kind of test to see if you can trick a trickster or at least identify when you are being tooled with 😉

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I haven't worn a watch in almost 20 years. Damn, I suddenly feel old. All this talk about & images of these skeleton watches makes me glad that I don't have 1 of them. Not because they don't seem awesome, but because I know that quite often I'd catch myself zoning out just watching the gears & mechanisms moving around inside. I'm an odd nut. LoL Happy hunting for your watch @DirectorGunner & best of luck on your LSAT test. I don't know you well, but based on what I've learned about you so far, I believe you'll do great.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
@Mich Angel You're a bloody genius! I didn't think to google Skeleton pocket watches and use a pocket watch wrist band... bloody brilliant!
Big Dial, just missing diver's ring but.. yea... Imma Google-fu the shiznit out of that!

@NaffNaffBobFace The LSAT is the test to see if you're smart enough to be an attorney... basically. It's a test designed purposely to make people fail. Each of the 5 sections is impossible to take your time and read/complete unless you are a speed reading/comprehending genius. And the questions are worded in a difficult way to provide the answer. It's not really a knowledge test, it's more of an aptitude test but on steroids. I did a practice test yesterday... it's a hard test man. And I normally ace all the standardized tests I've taken. Gonna be busting my ass studying for the next few months.

LOL.. Well genius might be a strong word :P ha ha ha... I figured you're like me and don't use a wrist watch, I been looking to get some classy pocket watch my self for a wile.
By pure luck and chance when looking for a nice one I found that arm wrist carry case for pocket watches, which I think is bloody brilliant if you for some reason want to have it on the arm some time.

CHEERS and good luck with the exam! ;)

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
What about a nice Power Ranger watch? These babies are one of a kind!

I actually saw a skeleton like Ironman watch from a china brand a little bit ago...
hmmm.. maybe not power rangers...
But ... h
Optimus Prime or a Venom watch would be cool.
Oh man.. could you imagine a Venom symbiote skeleton watch?!
Where the inner workings look like a live symbiote twirling, twitching, spinning around.
mind blown

Ammon found a proper TEST watch I see! lol

Learned a little bit more from this guide about what the things are called that I'm looking for
https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/watch-parts-terms-functions-guide/

Last edited:

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I dive with this watch, I've owned a few momentum's over the years, they hold up well. It does have a bezel you can use to mark time.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
Last edited:

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
This is what I bought

35 Minute mark and tiny tickers to help keep track. Isn't perfect... but.. eh.. for $150 will do.
I'd still say Bulova version was better, but let's look at it from different angle - yours should work as well, and you saved hundred bucks )

Reactions: Mich Angel

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
This is what I bought

35 Minute mark and tiny tickers to help keep track. Isn't perfect... but.. eh.. for $150 will do.
That's a cool looking one, congrats! I have a soft spot for carbon and tire treads lol

@Bruce I agree, I found a new appreciation for Bulova watches since I worked on the promo renders for their new Curve watches (see below). I've seen the CAD files of the insides, real nice stuff. Had the older black + gold variant as a reference for a week, and it's way better looking irl than in pictures. Wish I could've kept it as a bonus or something lol

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?