Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Sunder's Trading Tips and Tricks

General:

1. Never spend all your money at once(should be obvious)
2. When interdicted, never fly straight ahead(possible debris field)
3. Powercycling resets the cooldown for Quantum Travel to 0.
4. To see on the dark side of a moon, set your graphics card to have 40% Contrast and Gamma of 2.00 if using Nvidia. May vary for your monitor and AMD. But you'll be able to see much better.

Illegal Commodities:

1. Vice commodities from the Yela Lab are high profit/low volume, but risky.
2. Don't sell Drugs at Grimhex. Everyone already does it leading to lower profit. Sell at Levski if you have >3 SCU worth or a Mining Outpost if you have less.
3. Don't sell Altruciatoxin before Widow. There seems to be a relationship between the prices and how much vice commodity a place will buy. Sell Widow first.
4. Don't sell more than 800-900 aUEC worth of drugs at a time unless you want to crash the price quickly. The place you sell may not buy more than that at a time as well.

Note: Most people are NOT dicks about this stuff and even if you see another ship or 2 at the Lab it 'should' still be ok to land and go in for purchasing the goods. Be careful and keep an eye out. Maybe even wait to get out until the other ships lift back off if you feel super paranoid. Be cool, don't draw a weapon until someone else does and stay calm. And LISTEN to all sounds.

Legal Commodities:

1. Iodine has the highest return of all legitimate items(25%). A full Constellation will net 800 aUEC profit.
2. Legitimate trading requires large volume but each unit has low return. Trade on large scale(Constellation or larger)
3. Don't overlook the profitability of Waste being sold at Grimhex from Olisar. 500 profit with a full Constellation if you're just starting.

Recommended Ships:

Small:
Aurora CL - Carries 6
Avenger Titan - Carries 8, very fast

Medium:

Freelancer - Fast, secure entrance/exit. Doesn't suck fuel like a bitch.
Cutlass - Good all rounder
Constellation - Great all rounder

Large(ie from Levski):
Starfarer - Great Capacity, slow
Caterpillar - Best capacity, better agility. 20K iodine nets 5K profit at Olisar.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I would just add, as a small ship, the F7C Hornet (single seater) can carry 2SCU and has good guns and good speed. It is great as a trader of illegal stuff (i.e., WiDoW) and the small cargo capacity also helps ensure you don't blow all your money on a single cargo run (esp. your first run).

Reactions: hardroc77

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
This is pretty handy. Now I just need a map from the landing pad to the kiosk :)

Might buy my Reiant back just so make some, lol.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
My first tip for dark side travelling is one I swiftly learned, when flying always fly right above the destination then descend, same for taking off, fly up high vertically then move horizontally.

I thought it would be great to see the dark land using my powerful 900 years of lighting technically in the future and I could see probably 100 yards and smashed into a canyon and bounced around and almost blew up.

Then again I was not used to playing so I may have turned my lights off figuring out the controls.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
My first tip for dark side travelling is one I swiftly learned, when flying always fly right above the destination then descend, same for taking off, fly up high vertically then move horizontally.

I thought it would be great to see the dark land using my powerful 900 years of lighting technically in the future and I could see probably 100 yards and smashed into a canyon and bounced around and almost blew up.

Then again I was not used to playing so I may have turned my lights off figuring out the controls.
I would think that 900 years in the future, we'd have a radar to detect objects, and a head's up display to show them to us...oh, wait:
Hornet Radar showing asteroid.png

D

Deleted member 6105

I was using this guys link for trade commodities. Even shows you the profit amount per ship

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QeyPiQycUAc_6OwRRgLUzzs75ovy9a5bCxJVeIraZtE/htmlview?sle=true#gid=844711360

I usually run Hydrogen in the SF until i get enough to switch to Iodine. Slight trick with the slower big ships (warning takes some practice) is that if you point at a beacon that is a bit beyond the landing site you want and interrupt the quantum jump just after it starts you can shave huge time off the approach. I've gotten good with Yela cutting it down to less than 100k from over 350k.

Forgot your password?