Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
Keep your Freelancer. It presents you with many more options in terms of mission selection and types of income. Additionally, it also allows for more thorough multicrew play.

Ultimately it's obviously your choice but which of the following means more to you? Do you want to do only combat missions or would you also like to have the option to carry cargo from place to place? This also includes raiding pirate bases for their goods and maybe grabbing certain valuables from wrecks.

Reactions: AstroSam

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
Currently there are only 2 Ships in this game i really want: A Dragonfly (got this) to put it into a Freelancer Dur(working on it).

My 315p may survive until the rework of it is done, and if it dosen't please me at this point i may upgrade it to a Herald, but who knows.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
As a superhornet owner: The ship is THE shit. Its tanky, its gimbally, its glorious. BUT: What it isnt, is Versatile. No cargo, and only room for a single other person. That will be fine if all you want to do is SHORT RANGE pew-pewing, but it aint gonna be great for much else. Keep your lancer and buy a SH in game. If you need to punch someones lights out, but dont have the firepower: Put up a beacon and let your Fellow TESTies help you out. Space is big and dangerous, but so is TEST.

o7

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
The VAN is ugly spare your blushes. As has already been said though as well as being ugly the van is also a big box so can also do cargo runs. If cargo runs in an ugly van do not interest you then the super hornet is better!

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
I'd definitely go for the freelancer - Combat ships are gonna end up being relatively cheap, and the ability to make a few quid nice and quickly at the start of the game is going to come easily if you've got yourself some cargo space :D Plus if you're getting it with LTI you probably want to look at having the harder to replace ship being paid for by someone else..

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I'd definitely go for the freelancer - Combat ships are gonna end up being relatively cheap, and the ability to make a few quid nice and quickly at the start of the game is going to come easily if you've got yourself some cargo space :D Plus if you're getting it with LTI you probably want to look at having the harder to replace ship being paid for by someone else..
Why do you say this? I think combat ships are going to be expensive, not cheap. Remember, the economy is not like EVE...all player produced. We can influence the market, but we don't make the market ourselves. Also, if I remember correctly, people will have to WORK to be able to run combat missions, and that it would be very hard to sustain any kind of combat setting long term. I see SC mostly as exploring, mining, reclaiming...with just the occasional combat thrown in.

I see the freelancer as being much cheaper long term. People need weapons in this setting due to pirates, therefore, they are available on most ships. They also need people running the economy doing hauling, salvage, etc. I see combat ships requiring a premium because they do nothing else...

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I'd say the Freelancer is the most versatile of the two for the beginning of the game. The SH can dogfight, the Freelancer can explore, haul, and fight a little.

NEWater

Admiral
Aug 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gottahave
I have both the SH and Freelancer. >_>

But it depends on what you want to do if you're only going to stick with one ship. If you want to be fully-combat oriented like I do, I'd pick the SH. But I decided to blow part of my first paycheck on the Freelancer because I like the idea of having a do-everything ship if I don't feel like doing the pew pew.

Forgot your password?