DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Well stated Mr. Gunner.

Did I read that correctly, you can write your game contributions off come tax time? Or am I just really tired and sober?
According to my CPA and IRS tax code (as interpreted by my CPA), yes.
Seeking clarification on this.

Last edited:

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Good info there DGunner... and I suspect that the amount of cash pledged to CIG is not deductable from what you might owe but can be deducted from your gross capitol income and therefore reduce the amount of tax owed... either way.. check with a CPA or some other tax authority before you just decide to write in your deduction... an audit (for any reason) can be a truly sh$tty experience.
The best advise is: only pledge what you can afford to lose
Damn. I wonder if I can do that in Canada....
I don't know.. but I would be happy to share MY tax burdon with you my friend :)

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
Hi all,
I was searching for the keyword "Star Citizen" on google for the last 24 hour period to see if there was anything interesting and found this
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/817504-should-i-get-star-citizen/

A Linus Tech Tip forum user is debating whether or not to pledge for StarCitizen.

Needless to say, I wrote a short novel lol
They mentioned something about warning for anyone posting referral code, so I'd recommend to remove it to avoid such warning (at least in case it matters for you) .. other than that - very good reply (at least from the PoV of such SC junkie as myself :) )

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
For a $45 basic package you can enjoy Star Citizen and have the best ship in the game, the Aurora! If you want the full meal deal, kick in the $10-15 extra and get SQ42 as well. Remember, there's too many people who already have multicrew ships that are looking for crew, so you don't even have to worry about scratching that shiny new Aurora! Cheers!

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
They mentioned something about warning for anyone posting referral code, so I'd recommend to remove it to avoid such warning (at least in case it matters for you) .. other than that - very good reply (at least from the PoV of such SC junkie as myself :slight_smile: )
Here is your referral code. It worth in game cash. if you use it e
Wee ban you!

Forgot your password?