Other T.S.A.R medical

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I figure here we can start getting organized for a medical division for TEST. T.S.A.R. (Test Search and rescue) has been set long ago and it fits so we roll with it. I have a Carrack that can be used and within a few weeks i will have a C8x and Cutlass red.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
Right now some theory crafting.
1 - I think we should train in 2 to 3 man teams
2 - if more than one team responds to a call, then one team is medical and any or all other teams deploy for support to keep the medical team and patient safe.
3 - communication and training is key to successfully pull this off and learn to coordinate in a timely professional (drunken test) manor.
We will need a roster of people interested in training and operating as T.S.A.R.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
How do we pronounce T.S.A.R, is it "t'sar" as you'd say it written, "zarr" like the word for a Russian emporor, is it unpronounceable or is it a mysterious mystery...?
I just have to say this. Vodka can clean wounds and sedate patients in a pinch - as well as being uh, entertaining.

I figure here we can start getting organized for a medical division for TEST. T.S.A.R. (Test Search and rescue) has been set long ago and it fits so we roll with it. I have a Carrack that can be used and within a few weeks i will have a C8x and Cutlass red.
I have a Carrack and C8R as well. What I lack is a lot of time.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I just have to say this. Vodka can clean wounds and sedate patients in a pinch - as well as being uh, entertaining.

I have a Carrack and C8R as well. What I lack is a lot of time.
i am working on a system where teams can be created quickly for a timely response without affecting an individuals quest / exploration time. this will take a bit of time to fine toon and tweak out though. think of it like a volunteer fire dept.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
We could call it TEST "Test Emergency Survival Team"
Hmmm, I can imagine the the Switchboard now...

"Hello, you're through to the TEST department of TEST, not to be confused with the TEST department which is an entirely different department in TEST. If you are a member of TEST and would like TEST assistance please press one. If you are not a member of TEST and want TEST to come to your assistance please press two. If you don't want TEST assistance, whether you are or are not a member of TEST, why are you calling us?"

Drowez

Captain
Jan 8, 2023
RSI Handle
Drowez

"Hello, you're through to the TEST department of TEST, not to be confused with the TEST department which is an entirely different department in TEST. If you are a member of TEST and would like TEST assistance please press one. If you are not a member of TEST and want TEST to come to your assistance please press two. If you don't want TEST assistance, whether you are or are not a member of TEST, why are you calling us?"
Hah! Gotta love it!!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

I'm somehow really glad we don't have a Test Test Information Test in Test Squadron for Test use only .

Also "Test. 1,2,3 Test" Often heard in Discord where the only correct answer is something along the line of "What? Can you talk louder, I can't hear you."

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
I'll hop in on this, will DM you in Discord shortly, but for now something to share in this thread: I've been playing a good bit on the 3.18 PTU recently, and some of the changes this patch have a pretty significant influence on rescues. Currently, both incapacitations AND soft ship deaths are frequent, and full explosion/death less frequent. This translates to more players putting up either a medical beacon OR transport beacon; it's easy to survive a soft ship death but then you're stranded. All this to say, it's nice to also have some storage in order to help retrieve a downed pilots belongings as well as just the player when responding to a rescue; bring those tractor beams as well as medical guns!

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I'll hop in on this, will DM you in Discord shortly, but for now something to share in this thread: I've been playing a good bit on the 3.18 PTU recently, and some of the changes this patch have a pretty significant influence on rescues. Currently, both incapacitations AND soft ship deaths are frequent, and full explosion/death less frequent. This translates to more players putting up either a medical beacon OR transport beacon; it's easy to survive a soft ship death but then you're stranded. All this to say, it's nice to also have some storage in order to help retrieve a downed pilots belongings as well as just the player when responding to a rescue; bring those tractor beams as well as medical guns!
very good advice

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
IMO, medical is going to need separate focus areas/teams. SAR work is very different from medical. I plan to do a bit of everything but with this character plan to mostly focus on getting as high of level as medical proficiency as I can... doctor/surgeon (or whatever the ratings/quals turn out to be in the future). But as I was saying, I agree in small 3p teams for SAR work. You need your pilot (who can also be a medic but likely needs to stay with & secure ship unless actually needed for assist with transport or defense), your main paramedic/flight nurse who focuses on treatment alone, and another EMT/Medic to assist with transport and provide small-arms defense for the team.

I think we also need to differentiate between combat SAR teams and more 'civilian/non-combatant' SAR. Before joining TEST I had started a non-combatant medical org "UEE Space Rescue and Recovery Service" and even looked into trade/service marking the term "EVA Rescue" (though likely not possible - but I did at least grab the "evarescue.com" domain). Anyways... their goal was to treat anyone and everyone regardless of political or criminal standing, with the hopes of getting word out that we were neutral and non-combatant in hopes of not getting ganked by pirates etc, as we'd assist them as well as all law-abiding types. To be known across galaxy as one of the leading medical orgs, and who shouldn't ever be targeted. Now for TSAR within TEST, we may have less of a distinction there with a lot more of our combat focus.... but it's something we can discuss for the future.

Lastly, for pure medical teams and gameplay, this will be focused on the medium to large ships or medical facilities in ground bases (eventually way down the line). I see a lot of this gameplay happening on the Apollos or med bays in Capitol ships. Smaller vessels will bring casualties out of combat zone to a larger ship where we will treat the more serious injuries and get them back out into the fight. I have an Endeavor Hope hospital ship which will be an awesome asset... however it will take LOTS of crew and resources to operate (personally this is why I also own salvage ships, to make money to support my medical support to the org).

Once more gameplay is added and I start playing, I definitely want to be highly involved in TSAR and perhaps one day as a division officer to help coordinate and lead our efforts. So please keep me in the loop of any meetings you guys plan. I'm not often on Discord (due to not being in game much) but will get on for those.

Last edited:

Auran

Space Marshal
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
TEST-Kami
We need an overall medical profession which is then divided into 2 branches, T.S.A.R. - the go to the wrong location and fetch the wrong patient, apply band aids to the arterial bleeding and deliver the new patient to the wrong hospitals department and the <insert name here> medical branch - the department of 2nd hand organs, dodgy limb amputation and Garrik's penis enlargement and relocation service - whether its field hospitals like the endeavour or some sort of ground base hospitals (if they are a thing). Hospitals don't do search and rescue shit and SAR don't do surgery.

on a side note : We need to figure out how to set up a still on the endeavour for 'medicinal purposes'...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
We need an overall medical profession which is then divided into 2 branches, T.S.A.R. - the go to the wrong location and fetch the wrong patient, apply band aids to the arterial bleeding and deliver the new patient to the wrong hospitals department and the <insert name here> medical branch - the department of 2nd hand organs, dodgy limb amputation and Garrik's penis enlargement and relocation service - whether its field hospitals like the endeavour or some sort of ground base hospitals (if they are a thing). Hospitals don't do search and rescue shit and SAR don't do surgery.

on a side note : We need to figure out how to set up a still on the endeavour for 'medicinal purposes'...
For the GLORY of TEST!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Just now saw this. I've got a C8R, Carrack, BMM & Apollo Medivac to loan out the medical facilities of when needed, they're in game & I'm able to log in. I generally tend to avoid Drake ships, I've learned how handy duct tape can be in RL to provide a quick patch to wounds, so I'd rather save my supply for emergencies instead of just holding a Drake ship together unless absolutely required.

Reactions: Mudhawk
Forgot your password?