Tea bags

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Does anyone want some Tea bags?

I've heard some randomers decided to wantonly destroy a large amount of Tea.
Us in the UK understand that this is a very unfortunate position and would like to offer whatever assistance we can you those in the US.

I personally recommend Twinings
The problem is that we spoiled the fish in the Boston Harbor with that whole protest thing. They weren't content with fresh water after luxuriously bathing in Britain's finest for a solid week, and to this day their ancestors have never let it go. Posh wankers.

People still drink Tea????
I grew up about 2 hours from where Montoya lives in the rural part of NC (the South, but not deep South). Then I moved up North.
Iced & Sweetened, Iced & Unsweetened, Fruit Infused, Herbal, Earl Grey, Oolong, or Matcha. I have never been known to turn down tea (especially if it's free).

With the once exception of powdered, lemon flavoured sweetened tea that someone mixed up in a Gatorade cooler.
That had me gagging. 0.5/10- I would drink lukewarm water over this stuff.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
What the fuck is this Iced tea bullshit
You have to understand that America is married to ice. That's why Canada is our brother in law.

We drink Iced Tea, Iced Coffee, and we stick ice in our soda. Everywhere you go here, it is just assumed that you want ice in your drink. You have to specify if you want it hot.

Iced tea with lemon is what I drink. It's not like hot tea at all. I do enjoy a nice cup of Earl Grey or Irish Breakfast tea, but not as much as I like iced tea.

Some tea here comes in a powder form. Don't get that here. It's nasty. Stick with tea bags or straight tea leaves. Also, use real lemons and filtered ice :)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I ate at Bojangles for the first time the other week.

At the register she asked if I wanted a refillable sweet tea for $1, I said "yeah!"

I filled up this giant 32z cup with the golden liquid, put the lid on the top and took it to the table.

Once seated, I punctured the lid with my straw and took a long sip.

I have diabetes now.

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman

At the register she asked if I wanted a refillable sweet tea for $1, I said "yeah!"

I filled up this giant 32z cup with the golden liquid, put the lid on the top and took it to the table.

I have diabetes now.

Bojangles? Isn't that from a song...
Following my recent trip to train up some of your cavalry soldiers I was most surprised that Americans don't all just have genetic diabetes

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee

I have diabetes now.
Ah, Bojangles (pronounced Bo-han-glaze for those of you not from around here) The best place to get your diabeetus inducing brown kool-aid and spicy chicken biscuits. I just wouldn't recommend eating from there on a road trip or any time you are going to be away from bathroom facilities for an extended period.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I drink tea... well, actually, it's called tea but it is out of the workplace vending machine - so it is a brown liquid almost but not quite totally unlike tea at all.

Today I got creative and poured a Vending-machine Hot-Chocolate (Like the tea, almost totally unlike chocolate at all) and a Vending-machine Black Tea in to the same mug. It did not taste any worse, but that is not saying much.

Previously I found a very old Ness-Quick milkshake powder box in a cupboard at work so improvised a Mocha with a Vending-machine coffee. This tasted bad, but I am unsure if it is because it just did not work, if the powder was too old, or because the Vending-machine coffee usually tastes of tomato soup.

Never order the tomato soup from a vending machine... Or not this one anyway... There are no words to describe the horror...

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I like tea, in Britain it's quite common and there are many brands of it.

My favourite is Teapigs Chai but I rarely buy it as I would never stop drinking it and need to get a loan from the bank.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I have a teabag ready for VirtualAce

it ain't Earl Grey
Is it black tea? Irish Breakfast? English Breakfast? Sleepytime? Lemon? Green tea? Mint tea? Raspberry tea? Half tea half lemonade? Mango tea? Peach tea? Cinnamon tea? Chai tea? Lavender tea? Chamomile tea? Acai Tea?

... or decaf?.... Bleh.

Also, Iced or Hot?

Forgot your password?