Terrapin GamesCon Reveal

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
Omg I finally got it. So the Terrapin has been bugging me where they drew there inspiration for the concept from. I'm not tech savvy enough but look up an Earth Alliance Transport from the series Babylon 5. Big flying rectangular box. Thats gotta be it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Omg I finally got it. So the Terrapin has been bugging me where they drew there inspiration for the concept from. I'm not tech savvy enough but look up an Earth Alliance Transport from the series Babylon 5. Big flying rectangular box. Thats gotta be it.
Ooooooo, I haven't watched Babylon 5 since 2010. Good recall man.
tut-title.gif

Reactions: AstroSam

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
I'm kind of hoping that they allow you to swap out the scanner on top for something else. Like a gun turret or more armor, and then use it as a heavily armored blockade runner/freighter.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm kind of hoping that they allow you to swap out the scanner on top for something else. Like a gun turret or more armor, and then use it as a heavily armored blockade runner/freighter.
It says you can in the description.
"The standard Terrapin explorer is rated for a crew of two, a pilot and a scanner operator (though one can easily fill both positions in most situations.) Terrapin captains often refer to themselves as ‘drivers’ rather than pilots, a nod to the ship’s similarity to a flying tank. An S4 utility mount atop the ship allows for a diverse set of roles. A dish-type scanner is the most commonly installed, as it directly benefits most of the Terrapin’s popular rules (including exploratory scanning, search and rescue tracking and in some cases spaceborne warning and control when outfitted as an armored command ship.)"
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15461-The-Terrapin

Stoutman

Space Marshal
May 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Stoutman
Ended up getting the UEE EXPLORATION PACK - LTI and I get to use my shiney new 20% off coupon so it is only $395.00 for the Carrack, Terrapin, and a Dragonfly. All of them have LTI :)

Forgot your password?