TEST Beer mugs, shot glasses, patches and vinyl decals!

NinjaGirl

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2015
RSI Handle
NinjaGirl
I'm thinking about getting myself a messenger bag to tote around my crap all day. The one I'm looking at is waxed canvas and I want to show my Test pride. Would the vinyl sticker adhere to that?
A vinyl sticker wouldn't work. You could get a patch with the iron-on backing, and iron it on. If you want just a plain test logo it would have to be iron-on vinyl. But the best way to apply that is with a heat press, which most people don't have. I can't say how well it would stick with just a regular iron?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
A vinyl sticker wouldn't work. You could get a patch with the iron-on backing, and iron it on. If you want just a plain test logo it would have to be iron-on vinyl. But the best way to apply that is with a heat press, which most people don't have. I can't say how well it would stick with just a regular iron?
If someone doesn't have a heat press or know someone who has one, there are hobby art supply stores, fabric stores, and craft stores, and the like which have vinyl heat presses. If you check around your neighborhood craft market, you can often find someone who brought one with them for the day.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
If someone doesn't have a heat press or know someone who has one, there are hobby art supply stores, fabric stores, and craft stores, and the like which have vinyl heat presses. If you check around your neighborhood craft market, you can often find someone who brought one with them for the day.
Can it make a grilled cheese sandwich or cook a steak?

Reactions: Vavrik

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I'm not familiar with the heat press process, the bag I got is waxed canvas material so I'm not even sure if it would work. Plus I looked them up and I could get a ship for the price of one of those lol. I may have to find someone somewhere that could maybe sew a patch on

NinjaGirl

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2015
RSI Handle
NinjaGirl
I'm not familiar with the heat press process, the bag I got is waxed canvas material so I'm not even sure if it would work. Plus I looked them up and I could get a ship for the price of one of those lol. I may have to find someone somewhere that could maybe sew a patch on
I recommend the iron-on patches that we have available.. They should work fine with a canvas bag.
2nd option is to sew on some velcro and get our velcro patches.
Are you looking for a specific size?
Our small patches are 4"wide x 2" height.
Large patches are 4" (wing tip to tip) wide, by 4" high. Please refer to original thread post for pictures.
PM me if you're interested!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Can it make a grilled cheese sandwich or cook a steak?
I'm not sure. My wife doesn't let me near hers, because I might actually try to cook grilled cheese with it.

The idea with heat press is not to stick the patch on, it's to embed the patch into the fabric, so the wax surface won't matter much. It'll move out of the way or become part of the process. My wife agrees with @NinjaGirl here though.if we have patches then give that a try first, otherwise it can be like buying a ship. If you need help sewing, a nice neighbor might be able to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ammorn

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I bought some patches & I placed 1 on a new boonie style hat that I gave to Ataleena for her B-Day. She loves that hat & is happy to TESTify when & where ever we go. When I'm able I'm looking forward to doing the same.

Hammer

Space Marshal
Jun 1, 2014
RSI Handle
H2OHammer
I bought some patches & I placed 1 on a new boonie style hat that I gave to Ataleena for her B-Day. She loves that hat & is happy to TESTify when & where ever we go. When I'm able I'm looking forward to doing the same.
I have a flight suit I would like to replace some patches on. Not that I plan to wear it while playing, but I figure I may as well work towards a full set of TEST patches :P

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
i have the Yellow Brest pocket patch i would like the full shoulder patch
Damnit, now I'm thinking that getting the large patch being turned into a tattoo for my right upper arm. Good thing that I purchased a pair so that the tattoo artist can use them for reference.

Reactions: Madd-Wolf

Drykhan

Captain
Donor
Apr 29, 2019
RSI Handle
DryKhan
Damnit, now I'm thinking that getting the large patch being turned into a tattoo for my right upper arm. Good thing that I purchased a pair so that the tattoo artist can use them for reference.
not a bad idea for a tat i would say. tho i my self am a blank Canvas ( No Tats yet or Piercings for that matter)

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?