TEST Book Club - FREE BEER! Year in review AND January Nominations CLOSED

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Where the fuck are the rest of the nominations? We have like.... 7. Yes I had to go back and look. Tell yo friends, tell yo wifes, tell yo peeps. Tell er'body!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
You’re all excommunicated.
Excommunicado as we say in spainland.

Web of Eyes: (Buried Goddess Saga Book 1) by Rhett C. Bruno and Jaime Castle
Good pick. Never heard of this series before! At least SOMEONE is nominating still. :P The other turds are just shitposting at this point. But I do appreciate the thread bump everytime they post.

Reactions: Ethreck

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
We only get one nomination, I thought. And yes, bumping was the reason I assumed we were shitposting.
That is correct, one nomination per person. And also correct, shitposting will continue until all nominations are made and/or the closing day has come.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
What a wonderful year it has been! From the start of this awesome book club, I have had nothing but fun sharing my nominations and votes and thoughts on many interesting books. I want to thank all of you who participate (and future participants) for doing what you do. If you have any constructive criticism or general feedback about the way things are done on my end, please let me know what I can do to make your experience better on the thread here. Dont forget to sign up with goodreads.com to keep track of progress and other books read, or if you already have an account, join our TEST group on there by clicking here. Did I forget to mention we had an astounding 61 nominations total throughout the year and 51 book club participants?! WOW!

Let's take a look at what we accomplished in 2018 starting with our very first book selection (even if it was late in the year).

• August - Starship Troopers nominated by @Beerjerker
  • September - Legionnaire nominated by @DarthMunkee
  • October - Armada nominated by @Hipstar Dufus
  • November - The Name of the Wind nominated by @Sraika
  • December - Mortal Engines nominated by myself, Printimus

With that out of the way, let us start our new year with the nominations! Kicking off 2019 will be interesting as we will have a full 12 months of book selections. Same rules as before apply.
  1. One nomination per person.
  2. No changing your nomination once you have submitted it. (think hard before clicking submit)
  3. Please provide both book title and author's name.
  4. Optional - You may provide a brief reason you are submitting this nominee if you so choose.
  5. Books that were previously nominated (but not selected) may be nominated again.
I have to admit, I didn't quite get it.
We nominate books for what? And where? Here? And you vote on goodreads.com? Or is that just optional? Can I also nominate book series e.g. a trilogy? Or just one of a trilogy (and tell the others that they should read the other books no. 1 and 3 as well)?
And submitted and voted is monthly, i.e. can I propose a different book every month?

Reactions: Printimus
Forgot your password?