TEST Fleet Inventory - link in first post.

Read the post first, lazy. Is this good enough or should I keep looking for another solution?

• It's good enough.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • It's not good enough, keep looking you lazy afsdjnjdv.

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • I don't want to know how powerful TEST really is because I'm afraid of being successful.

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • I am BlindOwl. (please don't select this unless you really are BlindOwl)

Votes: 50 42.4%

• Total voters

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
EDIT BY MONTOYA: There is no official TEST fleet inventory. Not because its a secret, but because of the 15,000 members, 14,920 of them have not visited this post. In addition there is no way to verify what people claim in here, so I have 87 Javelins.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link:

TEST Fleet Inventory @ Google Forms
Fill in your fleet. You can edit your submission later, to keep your fleet updated.
Make sure you're logged into Google. You can view the results after submitting.
Enjoy.

Also, here is a spreadsheet where the results are unloaded (anonimously, by participant): link

PS: let me know if something doesn't work.

BLABLA: I was looking for options to make a checkbox type poll (because a database is too much hassle and it's difficult to set up for multiple users) where we could add the ships that we have, to get a better idea of how the TEST fleet looks like without someone needing to count each +/- we add to the fleet thread.
The requirements for the platform were:
- multiple answers allowed + the ability to edit your previous answers (but not somebody elses)
- statistics publicly available
- free to use

Most of the solutions I've found didn't check one or more of the requirements, but I finally settled on Google Forms. It identifies you by having to log in to Google (which everybody already does, I guess), lets you come back and redo your answer when your ship lineup changes (still remembering what you previously selected, so you don't have to check everything again) and allows for everything else I was looking for. The only downside is it doesn't work with (or I can't find how to configure it) having multiples of the same ship. Is this too much of a problem? I can live with not knowing exactly the number of Dragonflies that we have, but people don't usually have more than 1 big/important ship.
Should I populate the list with the ship models and give you guys the link?
If you know a better / easier way to do this, please chime in!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
While people with the Aurora starting package may not be too concerned about sharing their information, I think that anyone with more then 2 ships should probably not share any information on what ships they have. Especially on a public forum. If someone said "I have a Mustang, an Idris, a Javelin, a Star F, a Comet, and a Retaliator" (note, I have none of these ships, but I do have an Aurora to join in the mass migration into the sun), then they set themselves up to have their accounts targeted. Hopefully they were not silly and used their name as their account user name, and their passphrase is something completely different from what they use on other sites/games, plus they have enabled 2 factor authentication on their account, but you never know.

Just my 2 aUEC

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I think its time we get an updated Census of ships in TEST.
I think that this is a Capital (ship) idea. there have been a few sales since our last attempt at an Org inventory.

While people with the Aurora starting package may not be too concerned about sharing their information, I think that anyone with more then 2 ships should probably not share any information on what ships they have. Especially on a public forum. If someone said "I have a Mustang, an Idris, a Javelin, a Star F, a Comet, and a Retaliator" (note, I have none of these ships, but I do have an Aurora to join in the mass migration into the sun), then they set themselves up to have their accounts targeted. Hopefully they were not silly and used their name as their account user name, and their passphrase is something completely different from what they use on other sites/games, plus they have enabled 2 factor authentication on their account, but you never know.

Just my 2 aUEC
I suppose the risks could be minimized by a warning and suggestions on how to avoid being hacked. Plus it would be voluntary any way so if someone is not comfortable with listing their inventory, they can decline to participate.

And I would worry more about liars with penis envy stating that they have ships that they don't really have.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Try this Suggestion:
  • Add row columns for each ship in SC for quantity in user data in this site. (I'm assuming each user has it's own database row in the user table?)
  • Add a data entry or UI in user dashboard to enter ship info
  • Add a public statistic page somewhere on the site which queries/tallies the data once a day to save on server CPU resources.
Problem solved and convenient for everyone, no licensed needed, just basic sanitation required (easy to do) for form entries on user dashboard (numbers only from say 0 to 5,000).... and cron job queries for statistics page.

@SeungRyul Can probably do it?

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Try this Suggestion:
  • Add row columns for each ship in SC for quantity in user data in this site. (I'm assuming each user has it's own database row in the user table?)
  • Add a data entry or UI in user dashboard to enter ship info
  • Add a public statistic page somewhere on the site which queries/tallies the data once a day to save on server CPU resources.
Problem solved and convenient for everyone, no licensed needed, just basic sanitation required (easy to do) for form entries on user dashboard (numbers only from say 0 to 5,000).... and cron job queries for statistics page.

@SeungRyul Can probably do it?
This is good. You're hired! You can start tomorrow.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I think its time we get an updated Census of ships in TEST.
Short form or long form Census? (This joke may be too Canadian for you 'Murican's to laugh at)
My only question is why are there 3 votes on "I am BlindOwl." Are there really 3 @BlindOwl?
We are Owl.
Isnt there?
Owl is Legion
So true, why did I even question.
Owlish wisdom shall come to you.
I dont know, thats why I asked.
Drink from the font of Owl (Beer dude, drink beer.)

Forgot your password?