TEST forum googlewhacking

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So I am a bitty bit bored so started trying to find a googlewhack - that is a search with just one result - on the Forum Search function.

I got 15 with "Knob" (16 now I have posted this) and my lowest so far is "Crapola" with just 10 results (11 now I have posted this)

Can you beat 10??

Can you find the fabled TESTiewhack??

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Gah, the nearest I got was "Swizzle" with two (now three.)

Yes. Just one of those, and you wrote it.
By the way, you also have the distinction of having googlewhack occurring only once. Ah shucks, I ruined it.
You understand, if I post the answer, it'll go from "1" to "2".

But I think I've won.

"Shitastic"
Well done chaps, good grief two in my original post and I didn't even realise?!

Lawd, thanks guys. I have a Salmonella infection I've been dealing with so it's been a long day. I laughed, but it hurt and it probably sounded odd. My wife just came in the room and said, "ARE YOU OK? WHAT'S WRONG?!!"
Sorry to hear you're suffering but good to know we were able to put a smile on your face even in the worst of times :slight_smile: Get well soon, dude.

Google sweaty armpit... no really don't...
I thought i'd be clever and used a search-engine that wasn't google, all it did was bring me links to websites?? I have no idea how this is supposed to work, no wonder Google has taken over the planet it's like they already know what you want when you type it in.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Google has taken over the planet it's like they already know what you want when you type it in
OH yes, they know. It's amazing, but they're kind of cheating. They know what you typed in every other search you've ever done, and what kind of results you click on. They know also what websites you've visited. How? Cookies! No not really cookies, it's identity tokens, and they're being sent from websites you frequent, to Google. "some guy named @NaffNaffBobFace was just here, he clicked on..."... they can even tell if you're a woman or not, even if you've never said so, by how many times you've ever looked up things like "yeast infection relief"

Try this experiment: do a google search for something you usually search for, like a topic related to your work. Look at the listing. Then go to another computer, different IP address, make sure you haven't ever signed into Google on it, and type the same search. It's like Google all of a sudden got really stupid, all you get back is generic trash... until you've clicked on enough links.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
OH yes, they know. It's amazing, but they're kind of cheating. They know what you typed in every other search you've ever done, and what kind of results you click on. They know also what websites you've visited. How? Cookies! No not really cookies, it's identity tokens, and they're being sent from websites you frequent, to Google. "some guy named @NaffNaffBobFace was just here, he clicked on..."... they can even tell if you're a woman or not, even if you've never said so, by how many times you've ever looked up things like "yeast infection relief"

Try this experiment: do a google search for something you usually search for, like a topic related to your work. Look at the listing. Then go to another computer, different IP address, make sure you haven't ever signed into Google on it, and type the same search. It's like Google all of a sudden got really stupid, all you get back is generic trash... until you've clicked on enough links.
Ooooh, I've had that.

The freakiest thing that happened to me was I was on a different computer and browser to my usual. I visited a website but didn't log in - but they then sent me a "Hey 'BobFace, you visited but didn't do anything was there a problem?" email. I was freaked the fuck out so contacted them and said "Hey, thats scary how did you know it was me?" their response was "Its an affiliate scheme, you had logged in with one of our partners with that computer so their cookie told us it was you, so basically the same as if you had the cookie from us". In my response I was like "Oh, thanks that makes sense" but in reality i was "NOPE" and never went back on that site again. People were burned at the steak in the 1600's for witchcraft less freaky than that.

Different computer. Different browser. Different IP address. Still knew it was me because of doing something I thought was totally unrelated a few weeks earlier. If you think that is intrusive, apparently Googles abilities out-perform that to the power of 1000. Google could probably tell its me when my cat sits on the keyboard from the shape of her arse on the keys or something.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Thing is, if you don't like it then you can't actually use the Internet, or make anything but a cash (as in printed or minted money) purchase or deposit, and even then your bank will probably sell you out. Welcome to the Information Age. Some people don't realize, the information the age is about, is you. Me. All of us. They know more about you than your mother. Fortunately it's still a little easy to get lost in the crowd, but don't worry. AI will fix that quick enough.

Just for example, I've always felt that Facebook was an invasion of privacy, but I still use it from time to time. Even after the current scandals I keep using it. Why? Because I also recognized that not using it wasn't going to IMPROVE my privacy.

[Edit] Even the post office is in on it. All that junk mail you get? a good portion of that has your name and address on it. From people you never heard of before. a good portion of that is targeted advertising. So yeah. No way to hide from it.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thing is, if you don't like it then you can't actually use the Internet, or make anything but a cash (as in printed or minted money) purchase or deposit, and even then your bank will probably sell you out. Welcome to the Information Age. Some people don't realize, the information the age is about, is you. Me. All of us. They know more about you than your mother. Fortunately it's still a little easy to get lost in the crowd, but don't worry. AI will fix that quick enough.

Just for example, I've always felt that Facebook was an invasion of privacy, but I still use it from time to time. Even after the current scandals I keep using it. Why? Because I also recognized that not using it wasn't going to IMPROVE my privacy.

[Edit] Even the post office is in on it. All that junk mail you get? a good portion of that has your name and address on it. From people you never heard of before. a good portion of that is targeted advertising. So yeah. No way to hide from it.
Yep, and crowd influencing is a thing and has been for a while now.

If they think they can make enough people act a certain way... and they ("they") have tried it already: Do you remember when Facebook released research revealing they had been experimenting on 689,000 users profiles showing some only happy stuff and showing others only sad stuff to see if they could make them happier or sadder? i should have stopped using at that point... really i'm only a lurker now... but i'm still there...

One question I always had: Considering the size and scope of the company that is Facebook, how can they be sure they successfully turned off the experiment? And further to that how do they know once they built the ability to filter content in such a way that some intern didn't tweak the controls to show only content with butts in. Because I've got a hella large amount of butts on my news feed every day and I don't think its coincidence, i'm victim to Facebooks Unknowing Butt Agenda...

The one thing I learned from their emotion study was you can't trust a damned thing you hear, see or read anywhere anywhen, but then as a Student of traditional media, I knew that already... it just confirmed it for me in the new ecology...

For all I know there is some kind of subtle censorship even on the text messages I share with my wife-to-be changing a word here, and inflection there... All just to make me buy product X because they they know i'll do or buy anything she wants to put a smile on her face... I do know there was a time where every text I sent her, her phone received a text I'd sent months earlier asking if she wanted takeaway bought home. In the end I bought her a new phone as it was cheaper than buying a takeaway every day :slight_smile:

Really, how can I be sure what is displaying on your screen is my words rather than an auto-generated conspiracy theory :sweat:

The answer is and can only ever be: "More Beer!"

Last edited:
Forgot your password?