TEST Glaive Owners Club.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Way overpriced.
Vanguard is going to break it in half in 10 seconds flat.

I do not care about its rarity or looks (ugly to me, something you make at a scrap yard).

Reactions: Esq
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Way overpriced.
Vanguard is going to break it in half in 10 seconds flat.

I do not care about its rarity or looks (ugly to me, something you make at a scrap yard).
Vanguard is going to be a low maneuvering craft. I think the medium fighters are going to rip it a new one just like in WW2.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Just did a race with the glance on old vandie. Did 1:23 or so.... Those wings just like hitting things but think I can get it down to 1:10 or lower. I'm sure our racing twins can get it in 1:04.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Vanguard is going to be a low maneuvering craft. I think the medium fighters are going to rip it a new one just like in WW2.
Your logic is flawed.

Vanguard has bigger range and better sensors.
It will see it way before it sees it.

By then it is too late.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
why such interest in a common small ship ? Isn;t this ship going to be everywhere all the time ???!?
mostly because it will come with LTI. In the real game, you will never be able to ensure captured vanduul ships. Once you steal that ship in the real game, you've got one life in it before it's turned into space dust, and considering the effort it'll take to get them, that'll keep ones in the hands of players very rare.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
mostly because it will come with LTI. In the real game, you will never be able to ensure captured vanduul ships. Once you steal that ship in the real game, you've got one life in it before it's turned into space dust, and considering the effort it'll take to get them, that'll keep ones in the hands of players very rare.
*2 year insurance on Glaive.

That being said, looks cool as hell, but not worth 350 kanoodles to me. More power to ya if you snagged one.

Diehydra

Vice Admiral
Donor
Dec 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Diehydra
Thanks to Jaqhass and Eiyron, Odysseus, Ryan, TODD and most unforgettably VINeZ aka sticky balls.

Seriously no way I could of found a bunch of very skilled people who would be willing to play crashed game after crashed game to help me get the Glave.

P.S. I thought it was very funny when my size 5 gladiator bomb blew up Eiyron. Afterwards I would launch missiles he would curse and get out of dodge.

Noctivagant

Lieutenant
Aug 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Noctivagant
Had to pull an all nighter, and I'll be eating rice for a while...

I had an amusing experience taking it out into Swarm. The Vanduul kept ramming me! Or maybe it's just that much more maneuverable, and after the first couple rams I started aiming for it deliberately. ;)

Like everyone's saying on the main forum, the weapons are garbage, but how cool would it be if, when blade deploy is implemented, you could 'crit' by ramming?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Like everyone's saying on the main forum, the weapons are garbage, but how cool would it be if, when blade deploy is implemented, you could 'crit' by ramming?
Technically speaking, since it is a rebuilt ship, they should eventually give you some options on those weapons.

I need something rapid fire, I cant hit shit with the ones on there right now.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Your logic is flawed.

Vanguard has bigger range and better sensors.
It will see it way before it sees it.

By then it is too late.
And then what. You weapons have the same range as everyone else. Your missiles have the same range. It is the same reason why the f22 production was haulted. The air force went off how it could detect a enemy so far away. When councils asked them "can we hit them from that far" it was met with "well we need to invest in long range weapon development and research". The f22 uses the same AIM as every other jet, and if memory serves right the f16 sensor range already exceeds the AIM 120a and i think the AIM 120c also.

Then you also have the issue that the f22 and the f4u before it. Yes it can fly far and detect and shoot an enemy before the enemy can. Both these ships were ripped apart once they were in dog fighting range. The enemy simply avoided missiles and closed the gap to get the kill.

There has to be a disadvantage to the p38 to be balanced. It is bigger, has more range, is 2 person ship, has a kitchenette for long distance flying. Has more weapons. My bet is it will get hit on manuevering just like the original p38 did with rolling. I also dont remember reading anything on speed just that it goes far.

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Querry, are there any of the 1000 somehow still available? If so I would dearly love to take a stab tomorrow

Reactions: Darquesse
Forgot your password?