TEST has 17,678 members... but how many Crew will we need?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Figure that the average number of crew. Needed is 2-3. Most people don’t have more than the aurora/mustang. Those that do bring up the average with their most used ship.i figure we need 50k with all the new people not having starter ships at all.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Figure that the average number of crew. Needed is 2-3. Most people don’t have more than the aurora/mustang. Those that do bring up the average with their most used ship.i figure we need 50k with all the new people not having starter ships at all.
I think you underestimate the volume of Kraken’s we acquired in a mad frenzy.

Zapper Weisman

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
- Launching a petition requiring 20,000 signatures that the Arena Commander "Battle Royale" be renamed to "Battle Royal" as the additional 'e' makes it seem like what the French call a Quater-pounder with cheese, as observed in Reservoir Dogs.
I think you meant Pulp Fiction. Know your Tarantino. 😉

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I think you meant Pulp Fiction. Know your Tarantino. 😉
Good spot - I can't say the name of that film as I saw the Mervin scene when I was a small child and it game me nightmares for days hahaha

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Yeah, but with all that taken into account, how many crew would you need, max crew, to take your own personal fleet out. Say for instance TEST HQ was under seige by ADI and you had to move every single one of your ships at once... How many crew would you need min/max? 🙂
Yeah, but with that Kraken into account, if each of us hire 8 NPCs, there will be a ton of NPCs... xD

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah, but with that Kraken into account, if each of us hire 8 NPCs, there will be a ton of NPCs... xD
Thats a good point: If the balance in the 'Verse is 10% Players to 90% NPC, are the NPC crew we have taken from that 90%?

Basically, if every player has hired 9 NPC then that's the total population accounted for and places like cities are going to be ghost towns because every NPC has taken to the stars.

If every player hires 10 NPC we're going to run into a population problem as we'll less 10% of the required number... What are your benefits packages going to be like as those NPCs'll be able to pick and choose which jobs they accept with whom.

"Well, yes I would join your Connie crew as Merlin pilot, the dental plan is very attractive, but this 890j captain has just asked me to pilot the 300 series craft he has hanging around not doing much and... well, there is a pool on the 890j and the 300 has a Quantum Drive. I'm not stupid or suicidal so why don't you let one of your meatbag friends fly that snub instead, eh?"

Last edited:

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Thats a good point: If the balance in the 'Verse is 10% Players to 90% NPC, are the NPC crew we have taken from that 90%?

Basically, if every player has hired 9 NPC then that's the total population accounted for and places like cities are going to be ghost towns because every NPC has taken to the stars.

If every player hires 10 NPC we're going to run into a population problem as we'll less 10% of the required number... What are your benefits packages going to be like as those NPCs'll be able to pick and choose which jobs they accept with whom.

"Well, yes I would join your Connie crew as Merlin pilot, the dental plan is very attractive, but this 890j captain has just asked me to pilot the 300 series craft he has hanging around not doing much and... well, there is a pool on the 890j and the 300 has a Quantum Drive. I'm not stupid or suicidal so why don't you let one of your meatbag friends fly that snub instead, eh?"
Good point about all NPCs being hired!

With that 90% NPC ration maybe CIG is only talking into account star citizens, so would be there also all the "non star citizens".

Forgot your password?