TEST hate

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
I am very confused about the hate towards TEST Squadron that floats around various SC communities.
What is it? Is there anyway to remedy it? Do we even want to?
I personally can see no rational reason for it. Could people be angry that we're having fun? Someone stated they even hated seeing our memes. Lel. But like the smooth jagermeister I'm drinking, it runs deep. It's like the fear all young humans have of the dark. Can someone quantify this???

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
People hate us cuz they aint us!

Seriously. We're big and not a "super cereal" corp so people will jump on the hate wagon. We get compared to GoonSwarm a lot! Even though we're not only nothing like them and we want to make sure we never are, people make correlations between us and them.

It's mostly best to not engage with the haters, but if you do you'll often find that the reasons for hating on us are never well founded.

Edit: HARKUNO! You ninja'd me by tenth of a second!

Delaron

Space Marshal
Jun 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Delaron
Big Dog Syndrome? Really hard to fix that though. Best thing to is cater to our fans and d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶ fly on.

EDIT* DAMNIT YOU TWO! I Had it covered but got fancy looking for strike-through text... UGH

Reactions: Yex

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I believe most of the hate is born out of fear of test. If we were dicks we could destroy however we wanted. We are the only super power organization.

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
Big Dog Syndrome? Really hard to fix that though. Best thing to is cater to our fans and d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶ fly on.

EDIT* DAMNIT YOU TWO! I Had it covered but got fancy looking for strike-through text... UGH
Is big dog syndrome like the one where another dude has a bigger penis than you. So you buy a big ass pickup truck and blast your tunes at max volume with all windows down.
Just so everyone knows that your dick is inadequate?

*not yours obviously, all testies have huge artillery like weapons of mass destruction, everyone knows this.

Last edited:

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
Yeah everyone has pretty much hit the nail on the head. A lot of people don't try to understand others and instead focus solely on the possible negatives associated with a group (true of real life too). We say we're going to enjoy the game as CR intended (including illicit activities on occasion) and the other orgs focus on that and see nothing but a massive group of pirates.

Ichiru

Space Marshal
Aug 15, 2014
RSI Handle
Ichiru
I am very confused about the hate towards TEST Squadron that floats around various SC communities.
What is it? Is there anyway to remedy it? Do we even want to?
I personally can see no rational reason for it. Could people be angry that we're having fun? Someone stated they even hated seeing our memes. Lel. But like the smooth jagermeister I'm drinking, it runs deep. It's like the fear all young humans have of the dark. Can someone quantify this???

Any suggestions?
This is about the thread on facebook isnt it?

It feels that many people are afraid/jealous of the fact that Test has grown so big ... also some are still focusing on their false beliefs that SC Test is the same test as in EVE. Haters will hate and i guess only our actions will change peoples minds.

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
Srs tho, I guess that some of the hate could stem from people in other ORGs looking at TEST, especially in regards to size and numbers, and thinking that TEST could monopolize on something - Beer for example - and essentially take the fun out of it if they were wanting to brew for themselves.

Eg. Small microbrewery brews a nice beer, sells it to a local store. The beer sells at $2 per bottle, to accommodate for production costs associated with such an operation. Then a big brewery decides to roll up with their own, mass produced beer, selling it in the same store for $1.25.
Most people would look at the beers and think "they're both beers, that one is cheaper, I'll get that." The microbrewery thereafter makes less money due to lower sales, meaning that it'll be more likely to be struggling, which would reduce the fun involved in brewing your own beer.

It's like @sum1 said, If test wanted to, we could pretty much ruin what we wanted.

However, we wouldn't do that.

Because we're TEST, and everyone here is awesome :)

<edit: removed a repetition>

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
This is about the thread on facebook isnt it?

It feels that many people are afraid/jealous of the fact that Test has grown so big ... also some are still focusing on their false beliefs that SC Test is the same test as in EVE. Haters will hate and i guess only our actions will change peoples minds.
Yep
I sold that dude a graphics card for half price too. I actually feel bad for selling it so low. Especially now I know he's an asshat lol

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
I'm here for the likes. Also if you engage haters, you will realize that they don't actually know why they hate us.

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
do you think their fear would increase on Fridays, what with Drunk squad flying crashing around?

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Let the haters hate, just be sure to collect their tears!

Hate tears go great in haterade
12oz beer brewed with tears
2oz vodka
2oz rum

Best served in the chilled skulls of your enemies.

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
Wait we get free likes here?

Test will always be hated because of #jellyklarkson

We can work to improve our image with public service works, and routinely not being dicks to people... But there will always be someone with some kinda gripe, legitimate or not, that will bitch online.

Forgot your password?