Test in GTA5?

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
ok so as I haven't seen this post... and made one in Other Games section... my Social Club Name is TestingZeddie

if everyone wants to add.

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
I also caved...

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I'm still figuring out... I hopped onto an Air Race ... first time flying... a jet... close to the ground, slaloming around electricity towers... I had I think over 30 crashes, easily.

At first I was flying with my mouse, and it was just way too sensitive, then I moved over to my num key pad, which is a lot closer to what I used to play HAWX/Ace Combat on my PC years ago, which is a lot better. I'm thinking I'll use keyboard/mouse for helicopter, as that's what I've used on Battlefield, and I was pretty decent at it. I just can't fly jets with mouse. Also the game doesn't detect my joystick, so that's out.

I could always plug in my PS4 controller and use that, but I think I fly better with "arrow keys" anyway. I think it mainly requires more practice. Driving, I also find a lot easier with controllers, but swapping it back and forth with keyboard/mouse (for walking/shooting) is a bit annoying, so I've been driving with WSAD as well.

Still a lot to learn about the game, but it's been pretty fun so far.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I tooled around a bit in story mode last night. I've personally found I prefer driving with a gamepad, but the second combat starts I drop it and switch to mouse and keyboard because aiming with a gamepad is the worst.

Reactions: Eliyahu

McFurious

Grand Admiral
Dec 27, 2014
RSI Handle
McFurious
Played this morning but couldn't connect to the Test session. So I went on a spending spree. Started with $1 mil from preorder and now down to $300k just from upgrading a car, buying a bunch of weapons, and getting a swank apartment. :cool:

First person mode is the shit BTW

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
I've been playing single player so far. Keyboard and mouse only. First person view is a game changer for shooting. And I have a feeling it's quite a bit like what star citizen is going to be, as it uses the same principle ideas.

McFurious

Grand Admiral
Dec 27, 2014
RSI Handle
McFurious
I've been playing single player so far. Keyboard and mouse only. First person view is a game changer for shooting. And I have a feeling it's quite a bit like what star citizen is going to be, as it uses the same principle ideas.
I think so too. It's gonna make good practice.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I just did a 30 mins long Triathlon event yesterday... It was... exhausting... to say the least. Trevor ended in 6th place (out of 8)

I used the controller so I can manage the stamina better, and I actually managed to get right behind the first place on the bike... but I slacked off while running at the end, and didn't even know the finish line was up ahead when everyone caught up and passed me while I had a sliver of stamina remaining... =(

my thumb was very... numb.

I may try a different event with keyboard to see how that Stamina management works.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
I have been enjoying playing GTAV quite a bit. I'm glad I waited until pc.

Reactions: rogesh
Forgot your password?