TEST is a massive threat to all the other orgs!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I have had some startling revelations lately!

Several members of other prominent orgs have joined TEST over the past few months, and they all say pretty much the same thing.

Other orgs are scared shitless about the TEST threat!

YES! Its you in your Aurora! You are potentially a big problem to other players!

You heard that right, our lovable, newbie friendly, game loving, respectful and polite organization is feared out there in the universe that does not exist yet!

I can understand why, I myself am guilty of the same back when we were 200-300 members in size.

Back then when we were small, Imperium was the big, evil and faceless org with their fancy 3000 members.

We would say "Ha! Stupid Imperium and their military like structure, no ways they last long enough to make it to the game, they are bigger than us, so therefor they are stupid and evil!"

Speaking of Imperium, do you know that the upper ranks are not really permitted to speak to me unless its approved by the top guys?

Seriously, if one of them gets caught talking to me without permission, they get the boot!

Same probably goes for a lot of orgs out there.

The point I want to make is that it is not our goal to be the Goons of Star Citizen. The Goons of Star Citizen are the Goons, they already called dibs on that.

We are the big newbie friendly org that wants to maximize the fun factor as much as possible!

Because this fun factor will sometimes require us blowing up other peoples ships, we are considered a huge threat to almost every org out there.

Just be aware, if you are out there on the RSI forums or reddit, and you get some hate from some random 16yr old, don't get mad, be honored, be polite and thank them for the tears!

Last edited by a moderator:

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I would be surprised if other orgs DIDN'T see TEST as a threat, considering that we're the largest "casual" Org in "game". We do have some semblance of internal structure, however, if I protested enough, I could probably lay claim to the title "Head Engineer of Hampster releated toys" and have it stick. Or "Chief Inebriation Engineer" or some such.

We fool around; we have fun; and we really don't take much seriously unless it negatively affects either the game or community at large. We don't condone cheating, Org Spam (unless it is a hilarious take on TEST Raptor, etc), and have even accepted trolls from other orgs who tried to call out a conspiracy that didn't exist! Seriously, we're like a safe haven for people not wanting "Org Drama" either.

Seriously, I haven't seen much drama, especially after going through three WoW guilds, all of which collapsed because someone wanted to cause drama and everyone jumped on it.

We're awesome and chill... probably because we're usually too drunk to care.

Reactions: Space Monkey

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Montoya let me break your post down further and read between the lines:

I have had some startling revelations lately!
Great Leader always has revelations for TEST. We never doubt this.

Several members of other prominent orgs have joined TEST over the past few months, and they all say pretty much the same thing.
Our attitude and culture of fun and beer is working. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Other orgs are scared shitless about the TEST threat!
FUN IS A THREAT! other orgs are a NO FUN! WE ARE FUN! WE ARE A THREAT TO NO FUN!

YES! Its you in your Aurora! You are potentially a big problem to other players!
Crashing into ourselves makes the other orgs afraid of us. Because we might accidentally crash into them! THE HORROR!

You heard that right, our lovable, newbie friendly, game loving, respectful and polite organization is feared out there in the universe that does not exist yet!
We rule through love, friendship, love again, respect and politeness. Truly we are the worst kind of org.

I can understand why, I myself am guilty of the same back when we were 200-300 members in size.
Before your enlightenment that has shaped you into the wonderful dictator you are today that we want to follow.

Back then when we were small, Imperium was the big, evil and faceless org with their fancy 3000 members.
Did they never grow out of being faceless? Maybe they need a Guy Fawkes mask?

We would say "Ha! Stupid Imperium and their military like structure, no ways they last long enough to make it to the game, they are bigger than us, so therefor they are stupid and evil!"
Rigid pyramid structures will fail! We use a different method of control!

Speaking of Imperium, do you know that the upper ranks are not really permitted to speak to me unless its approved by the top guys?
Because Montoya is a spai for Imperium and that is how all the communications get back to their top brass. Right?

Seriously, if one of them gets caught talking to me without permission, they get the boot!
das boot?

Same probably goes for a lot of orgs out there.
Freedom of association with other orgs must be destroyed. NO FUN ALLOWED!

The point I want to make is that it is not our goal to be the Goons of Star Citizen. The Goons of Star Citizen are the Goons, they already called dibs on that.
We love Goons for taking their place in the SC universe as the Goons.

We are the big newbie friendly org that wants to maximize the fun factor as much as possible!
See above and what we rule by.

Because this fun factor will sometimes require us blowing up other peoples ships, we are considered a huge threat to almost every org out there.
Our fun will make the sun seem like a black hole!

Just be aware, if you are out there on the RSI forums or reddit, and you get some hate from some random 16yr old, don't get mad, be honored, be polite and thank them for the tears!
Report all tears to Mnotoya!

Reactions: o-BHG-o and Harkuno

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
So our previous 'gunboat diplomacy' is now 'hugboat diplomacy'?

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
The Star Citizen community proves that the game does not have to be out, to be an elitest in it. That 'us and them' mentality, and obscene paranoia of org espeonage is amusing to watch, but a pain in the arse to be brought into. Hence, why i am here instead of my prior org, and will be gladly throwing myself into the star you desire, God King.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Because Montoya is a spai for Imperium and that is how all the communications get back to their top brass. Right?
I firmly believe that there are no spais here in TEST. Not even the ones that have privately messaged me and told me that will be joining TEST because we are so much more fun than their current orgs.

Crud, Ive said too much.

Reactions: honcho12

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
TEST SQUADRON - BEST SQUARDON.

This is true. No drama. Just one big orgy of drunkenness and sausages. And that's why I'll do my best to continue spreading conspiracy theories and spilling the beans about TEST being the best. I will spread the word of ALL our deepest secrets. They will know the might of our drunken Auroras blotting out the sun. They shall know that we may or may not make it to the fight as we crash into one another just trying to reach our destination only to crash into them because we stocked up on beer and not ammo. As someone shouts "DON'T SPILL THE BEER" to which I reply "BLAAAAAACK SHUNUUNDEEER DRANG THE LASHT ONE. MAYBE THEEEY HAAVVVVE SHHOOOME". Then Montoya who has returned after replacing his second Aurora leads the charge directly into the enemy fleet. We destroyed everything.....even ourselves. We awake with tears down or cheeks knowing we are all out of beers and no ships left to make the beer run. The End.

Um.....I don't remember my original point. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
So instead of Goonfear, we have TESTfear?

I see an even mix of people saying:
"TEST is gonna fall apart as soon as the PU starts they have too many people!"
"TEST is going to ruin the game, they're all a bunch of trolls"
"TEST is stupid and I hate them because I'm a salty jealous bitch that my org has me and my 4 alts in it"

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I propose a teardrop flare/badge to be given out to those of test that get attacked and survive by keeping a cool head and being polite. This could serve as the test squadron version of a purple heart almost, and even give incentive at the same time not to get into to much trouble outside our forums (a sign of our respect for them taking one for the team and going above and beyond the call of duty). I should start playing with some designs!

Cervos

Vice Admiral
Donor
May 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Cervos
At the risk of making an intelligible point, what I noticed early about TEST is the org is about the people first and the game second. We've been able to draw and retain players despite not really having a playable game, because the people like hanging around each other. At this stage that's a huge advantage, when the game actually comes out and they realize what terrible pilots we are, who knows.

TEST people BEST poeple!

Forgot your password?