Transport TEST Logistics Corps - All your Hauling & Transport Needs

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Here's a couple. There's a few more WIPs (really rough) on the way, but they might have to wait until the weekend.

These aren't very clean as I have no idea what I'm doing in Illustrator to convert things to a vector format.

-Kind of looks like a bunch of beer cans sitting on top of a weber grill with 4 grill brushes all around. Nice!

Reactions: Talonsbane

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Good news, everybody!

We have a volunteer working on a website-facing contract system already. :D Hopefully, it can be engineered to draw information from CIG's own API (when it's available), and it'll become a useful tool for those who aren't logged in.

The prototype is already looking mighty damn fine.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Good news, everybody!

We have a volunteer working on a website-facing contract system already. :D Hopefully, it can be engineered to draw information from CIG's own API (when it's available), and it'll become a useful tool for those who aren't logged in.

Groovy

Fiery Liz

Space Marshal
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
fieryliz
don't have any hull, but I figure my banu Merchantman can haul quite a bit of cargo. Count me in.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Good news, everybody!

That sounds fantastic, but isn't it a little bit premature? I haven't followed the modding/private dev side of things, but do we even know if there will be a public facing API at launch? I thought game data would be collected via scraper clients and then reported. At least initially.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Two more quick passes:

I'm not super happy with the bottom text. My goal was to have a single word representing the (general) types of things we would be involved in moving, but I was not able to come up with a descriptor for munitions that I was really jazzed about. I didn't want to be too explicit and just outright say some variation on the word "Ammunition", but I also needed to avoid verbal nouns (ie: Resupply) as none of the other terms pull double duty and imply action and I couldn't think of a clean simple way to reword things so they all *did* imply action.

"Class V" is how the US military classifies ammunition supplies. While I don't expect many people to outright know that, I figure with the other words pretty plainly corresponding to the images, the relation between "bullets" and "Class V" gets the job done.

I'm much happier with the bottom text on this one.

If anyone wants the .psd files I can send them. I don't like how the word "logistics" looks, but I: a) can't find the damn font that Montoya used originally (and he didn't use Coulson. I used Coulson and it's clearly a different font) and b) I'm not able to get the deformation just right so the text wraps around the upper border of the white part of the badge.

I've got a few more ideas that are more specific in terms of subdivisions that I'll probably toss together just for fun as well.

Let me know what you think!

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Two more quick passes:

I'm not super happy with the bottom text. My goal was to have a single word representing the (general) types of things we would be involved in moving, but I was not able to come up with a descriptor for munitions that I was really jazzed about. I didn't want to be too explicit and just outright say some variation on the word "Ammunition", but I also needed to avoid verbal nouns (ie: Resupply) as none of the other terms pull double duty and imply action and I couldn't think of a clean simple way to reword things so they all *did* imply action.

"Class V" is how the US military classifies ammunition supplies. While I don't expect many people to outright know that, I figure with the other words pretty plainly corresponding to the images, the relation between "bullets" and "Class V" gets the job done.

I'm much happier with the bottom text on this one.

If anyone wants the .psd files I can send them. I don't like how the word "logistics" looks, but I: a) can't find the damn font that Montoya used originally (and he didn't use Coulson. I used Coulson and it's clearly a different font) and b) I'm not able to get the deformation just right so the text wraps around the upper border of the white part of the badge.

I've got a few more ideas that are more specific in terms of subdivisions that I'll probably toss together just for fun as well.

Let me know what you think!
That second one is perfect! Mind if I yoink it for the OP?

P.S. It should be "Operations - Consumer - Military" for the bottom text. Please make it so, my friend.

P.P.S. I want a low profile version of this, too.

Last edited:

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
That sounds fantastic, but isn't it a little bit premature? I haven't followed the modding/private dev side of things, but do we even know if there will be a public facing API at launch? I thought game data would be collected via scraper clients and then reported. At least initially.
I'm confident we'll have a public-facing API with authentication functions built in. EVE Online's API was pretty robust. :)

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
That second one is perfect! Mind if I yoink it for the OP?

P.S. It should be "Operations - Consumer - Military" for the bottom text. Please make it so, my friend.

P.P.S. I want a low profile version of this, too.
You're right about the text. In my head I had the word Operations, but somewhere between there and my fingers I screwed it up lol. I'll correct that. Also, a low profile one won't take any time at all so I'll get it up at the same time.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Final in all caps:

Final in low case:

Low profile:

Super low profile:

Feel free to use and abuse in any way you see fit.
I love the low profile one. Give us an alternate version without the bullet ring, and upsize the three icons in place of the bullet-ring removal.

Reason: The bullet ring kind of makes the logo look busy.

Last edited:

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I love the low profile one. Give us an alternate version without the bullet ring, and upsize the three icons in place of the bullet-ring removal.

Reason: The bullet ring kind of makes the logo look busy.
:( The bullet ring is my favorite part (and I think it drives home the "military" aspect), but I'm biased because I made it.

Anyway, do you want the ring removed on just the low profile logo, or all of the logos?

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
If it feels empty, try adding a black border around the yellow?
Lol. I did. It was bullets. But, it's not like I painstakingly hand painted each bullet with the tears of goth-rock enthusiasts or anything. I know the original low profile that you created had a black ring around the yellow (and that does help with contrast against the white). If you're happy with the low profile as is then let's use it. Or I can keep tweaking it. I'm not terribly busy tonight.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Lol. I did. It was bullets. But, it's not like I painstakingly hand painted each bullet with the tears of goth-rock enthusiasts or anything. I know the original low profile that you created had a black ring around the yellow (and that does help with contrast against the white). If you're happy with the low profile as is then let's use it. Or I can keep tweaking it. I'm not terribly busy tonight.
Use the black ring from the template, then. I think that'd help contrast the yellow with the white background.

Also, you should try using the vectorize feature from Adobe Illustrator to convert the icons into vector objects that can be scaled without loss of resolution.

P.S. Think you can hop on Discord so we can chat with each other via PM?

Forgot your password?