TEST meeting: What hours are best for you?

When is the best time for a Friday meeting?

• 5pm East coast

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • 7pm East coast

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • 9pm East coast

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
It would. As a partner, its hard to break off for a Friday as that is the prime night.
When it's an issue, ask yourself this: Which is more important - TEST or Captain Richard himself?

Personally, I would have put the meeting on Saturdays, but it's usually better to schedule on the first stage of a weekend, and that's Friday. Weekend Warriors will come online a lot during the weekends in SC.

Also, compared to Captain Richard's schedule (weeknights), the TEST meetings are likely to be more or less once every two or three weeks. In terms of frequency and prioritization, I see no problem here with having a meeting in the same time bracket.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Nobody cares about Captain Richards stream on Friday nights... It's not like he gives a bunch of stuff away or anything like that on Fridays.

We could TEST raid his stream and take it over for our meeting... Once he's been barrel trolled a dozen times he'll lose his sanity anyways.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Nobody cares about Captain Richards stream on Friday nights... It's not like he gives a bunch of stuff away or anything like that on Fridays.

We could TEST raid his stream and take it over for our meeting... Once he's been barrel trolled a dozen times he'll lose his sanity anyways.
Worth a shot. Maybe have the TEST meeting at 8PM, and then raid Captain Richard afterward?

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
I would hope so. The main concern I have is keeping me and Karab in the loop during more important discussions, such as fleet op planning, and other matters that might require timely input from us.
I hereby nominate anyone but me as TEST scribe. That is unless you like a 45 second delay with lots of typos.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I hereby nominate anyone but me as TEST scribe. That is unless you like a 45 second delay with lots of typos.
Fine by me, as long as you're present. You can also be responsible for typing up the transcript for people who couldn't attend.

Edit: Just realized I misread the statement. Bah.

Last edited:

Shutter

Grand Admiral
Mar 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Shutter
Hello valuable member!

I am interested in hearing what time would be best for a TEST meeting on a Friday.

The meeting will most likely be held on Mumble and my twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/montoyaaaa

We can welcome new members, answer questions and make plans for the future.

Poll activated.
Don't we have to have a meeting before the meeting to design the ground rules for the meeting to discuss what day and times the meeting for the meeting of discussion for the meeting which will determine when and how the meeting for the ground rules will be met?

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
Don't we have to have a meeting before the meeting to design the ground rules for the meeting to discuss what day and times the meeting for the meeting of discussion for the meeting which will determine when and how the meeting for the ground rules will be met?
This sounds worryingly like my professional life....

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I also read Dilbert.

Reactions: honcho12

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
In the scheduling of anything involving more than two people (and even then) there is rarely a "good" time. You just gotta bite the bullet, crack open a cold one, throw a dart and pick the time n day. Record it and make it available for those who can't attend, work around the biggest hitters schedule much as you can, to heck with much more than that... Good luck!

Reactions: Annitias
Forgot your password?