• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
At the risk of double posting, here is an open Letter from ADI: https://atlasdefenseindustries.com/21-announcements/122-open-letter-to-the-star-citizen-community

Copypasted here in case they take it down/edit it, and I also have taken some screenies I can post upon request:

We’ve largely ignored baseless and false accusations against Atlas Defense Industries (ADI - www.adiclan.com) in hopes that the attempts at causing drama and meta-gaming would blow over so that we could get back to the hard work of running the largest and most active exclusive organization within the Star Citizen community.

We’d like to thank all 1300+ members of Atlas Defense Industries for standing by the organization for the last week while the organization has been assaulted with false, unfounded accusations without a shred of proof of wrong doing given to justify their allegations.

We want to be clear in our statement that these allegations made against us are not true in any way, shape, or form.
  • We’ve never accessed a database at CIG.
  • We’ve never used an API to query a database at CIG looking for newly registered users.
  • We’ve never visited an URL (web page) that has a list of recently registered users at CIG.
  • We don’t have a program that automatically sends invites to new RSI members.
At no time has any member of ADI been contacted by CIG and been asked about our recruitment process. It’s our understanding that the offending exploit has been resolved; this fix has had no impact on our recruiting process. We’re still doing the exact same thing today as we were doing last week and last month.

Like the rest of the Star Citizen community the first we heard about this issue was via a Reddit post. We were shocked like all of you that such an exploit existed, and happy to hear that this issue has been resolved by the great team at CIG.

We understand that our growth and success in recruiting some of the best and brightest members in the Star Citizen community has caused concerns with some other organizations. So while not going into a lot of detail on our exact methods, we’d like to clear the air on why we’re able to recruit so many new members.
  • Being the 6th largest organization (in actual members) in the game, we take pride in being very active within the community. It’s not unusual for us to remain in the top 6 most active orgs 24/7 for days at a time, often in one of the top 3 positions.
  • We have a very simple rule set, and quickly remove folks that aren’t a good fit. We’re told this is a very attractive aspect of our organization.
    • Don’t be a jerk
    • Don’t cause drama
    • Real life always comes first!
  • Our mumble server is always busy, often with 90-110 members chatting, playing different games, and having a good time.
  • Growth at this stage in the game is a key part of our operations plan. Therefore we prioritize recruiting of new members at all levels of our organization. All leadership positions spend time each week recruiting new members. All new staff must spend time as a recruiter before moving into a leadership position within the organization. We feel quality is just as important as quantity to be successful in the PU.
  • We realize our culture isn’t for everybody, so we want to make sure it’s a good fit for all of our members. We don’t take just anybody into the organization, we currently reject well over 30% of applicants. We also have a one on one meeting with each prospective member in our mumble server to make sure they’re a good fit for ADI, and we’re a good fit for them.
  • We also use a number of methods to help meet new members of the Star Citizen community, and invite them to meet us to see if they’d be a good fit for ADI. Since all of our leadership and staff positions involve some recruiting each week, we have a lot of contact with new members. Here are some interesting facts about our recruiting program.
    • We don’t send a lot of invites, averaging only 16 per day over the lifetime of the organization.
    • The live support chat on our website helps us interact with potential new members quickly and easy. As soon as a new visitor comes to the website, one of our recruiters opens up a chat session with them; this has helped our growth since we can quickly interact with interested prospective new members.
    • We’re constantly looking at the RSI forums for prospective new members. We prefer to contact people privately instead of posting massive walls of information over and over again on every post.
    • We have a small recruiter tool that helps us keep track of who has been contacted, and by whom. We use this tool to keep from contacting a prospective member more than once, saving us both time, and from annoying the prospective member in the process.
    • All invites and private messages sent by ADI recruiters and staff are generated by hand. This is only after they’ve reviewed the prospective members’ dossier, and forum posts to make sure there are no red flags. This would prevent them from being a good fit within our organization.
    • We don’t waste time sending invites to people who are already members of another organization. If they want to quit their current org and join us, they’ll find us.
We realize our success in recruiting new members has raised questions throughout the community. Many cannot understand how we’re able to recruit so many new members each week. It’s easy to assume that we must have access to information that is inaccessible to other organizations.

Nothing could be further from the truth; everything we use is publicly available information that every organization has access to. We don’t access anything other than the standard forum interface or citizen dossier.

The real reason we are successful is nothing more than a lot of hard work. ADI staff spend more than 200 hours each week looking for and recruiting prospective new members.

We look forward to seeing everybody in the ‘verse!

We will have no further comment on the matter, and considered it closed.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
And on reddit too: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/35sff5/adi_open_letter_to_the_starcitizen_community/

lots of people calling them out on vote brigading and the popup bot on their site. Hilarious.
That little popup irritated me irrationally. They claim to have high standards and spam invites at anyone who visits their site?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/260768/adi-open-letter-to-the-starcitizen-community#latest

they brought it to RSI forum, thinking they might get sympathy maybe?

posted maybe by an alt account
Already closed. That was fast.

Last edited:

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
That was scary. I just followed your link squeaker and had the pop up monitor ask if they could help me. I asked for a beer, but it didn't get delivered. If I recall, ADIot was the org I almost joined 3 months ago before I stumbled into this lovely den of iniquity. They hazed me in mumble though and I couldn't handle the pressure of conformity. The broomstick up my butt routine following all the orders was a bit much.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
OMG that Reddit post got shit-wrecked. Reddit makes me proud...sometimes :P

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
Sitting in the subway to work, enjoying the drama :D

man their webpage is a POS

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
So if i follow this link, like the post and upvote it, is that vote brigading?
Totally, and Im gonna report you for it. /s

Anyway deleted post since I wasn't thinking straight and we definitely had way too much drama on main subreddit today :P

Reactions: chrizz
Forgot your password?