Test Squadron - 3D Signet Ring - 3D Printable

Pendali

Admiral
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
James_Holden
It needs to be more to the surface to be a proper signet ring, wax wouldn't get quite that far up into it and the mold after stamping would break off.
I will have to order one in plastic, and test to see If that's indeed the case then. ;)

Edit: I Made an updated version with shallower details.

Last edited:

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
I would love a rosegold version of this, but unfortunately ~$800 is just a bit pricy. Ooh, but brass would also be a nice choice. The signet ring for wax seals would be nice too.

I do agree that it looks like it might be too deep, though it might just look that way. In any case, it may very well be time I got myself some nice stationery.

Pendali

Admiral
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
James_Holden
Perfect. Now come up with a way to etch the sides of the ring with squad name, player name, etc, etc...things that identify the player wearing the ring. :)

Kinda like the custom-made Super Bowl rings.
That I can do actually! ^^, Anyone interested can send me a message, and I'll look into it. ;)

Reactions: o-BHG-o

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark

Rattle-N-hum

Space Marshal
Aug 26, 2014
RSI Handle
RattleNHum
I want the signet in gold and black. As my skin is spensive, it doenst like reactive metals so much. The alternative is plastic ofr me i guess.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Nifty! Mine should be here soon as well, looking forward to posting pics of it.

Reactions: Pendali

Pendali

Admiral
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
James_Holden
I want the signet in gold and black. As my skin is spensive, it doenst like reactive metals so much. The alternative is plastic ofr me i guess.
I'm not sure how to pull of gold and black, but
I've previously printed some items (ring) in the Sterling silver material. It's expensive, but since it has no "nickel" or such, it should be quite skin friendly. ;) (As a bonus the silver material turn out quite nice and detailed.)

Reactions: Rattle-N-hum

Pendali

Admiral
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
James_Holden
How much?
It depends on the size, (volume) like my small ring (size 6 version 1) would be around 61.71 USD in Sterling Silver.
The other ones will depend on volume used.. theres a link on first page, where you can see what the prizes are for the sizes I've made so far.

Last edited:

vernes

Vice Admiral
Jul 20, 2014
RSI Handle
vernes
First design seems a great way to get your ring snagged and your finger ripped off.

The deep embossed one takes a lot of material.
2nd and last picture were interesting.
2: less chance to get snagged
4: less material = cheaper & lighter.
But I wonder if the embossed one could be augmented with some 'cheap' coloured gems as inlay.
To mimic the logo's color.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'll let you know tomorrow, when the lazy ass post office here gets off their butts and delivers it to me. I had a embossed style made, it's gonna be a hefty chunk of metal.

Reactions: vernes

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Hey, it's tomorrow! And as promised...

This ring looks and feels amazing. Not as heavy as feared, because it has a subtle cutout inside the band, behind the main band. This one is the polished bronze, and looks classy as all get out.

I wasn't kidding about it being big. It slide around just a tiny bit, but that's more due to the fact I have chunky knuckles and skinny meaty bits on my fingers. Still, it stays facing outward even through sustained shaking, so all in all pretty sweet.

Pendali, thanks again for putting this together. I wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone interested.

Hey, what'd the fist say to the face?

BAM!

Pendali

Admiral
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
James_Holden
Wow!
Thanks for the pictures!
That turned out better than expected! Super awesome! :D There's a stark difference between the polished bronze material and the unpolished steel material. (love how only half of the circle got polished)
Is it ok if I upload these pictures to shapeways?

Cheers! :D

Forgot your password?