Test Squadron Dev Team??

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Is there such a thing? I heard one of the upcoming releases may offer a functional API. Does anyone have plans to use this or excited to write some code experimenting with it to make our org an app?

If so, can I play too?

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
if CIG is smart enough to give us APIs into the trade and commerce aspects of the game, the economy will become soo much bigger and more robust

imagine the ability to log into the markets with your phone on your lunch break instead of having to wait until you get home

fuck Facebook, fuck Instagram, we'll be checking Star Citizen multiple times per day

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
if CIG is smart enough to give us APIs into the trade and commerce aspects of the game, the economy will become soo much bigger and more robust

imagine the ability to log into the markets with your phone on your lunch break instead of having to wait until you get home

fuck Facebook, fuck Instagram, we'll be checking Star Citizen multiple times per day
Didn't they say a few years ago that there will be pretty extensive APIs available? Considering the massively successful fan projects that track markets for EvE online, it seems like CIG would be foolish to not allow the same thing. It's unlikely that we'll get anything beyond a rough framework for a while though.

Why would they pay their team to design a tool, when the community will eagerly develop a dozen tools independently and the best ones get refined and used at no cost to Star Citizen's development?

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Is there such a thing? I heard one of the upcoming releases may offer a functional API. Does anyone have plans to use this or excited to write some code experimenting with it to make our org an app?

If so, can I play too?
Yes, there is such a thing. It is fairly inactive right now though.

We have some ideas about stuff we'd like to build but until we know what tools CIG will provide and what the APIs will let us do, I don't think anybody is too excited about spending a bunch of effort on work that may not be usable.

@SeungRyul can hook you up with an invite if you want to be a member of the team once things pick up.

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Yes, there is such a thing. It is fairly inactive right now though.

We have some ideas about stuff we'd like to build but until we know what tools CIG will provide and what the APIs will let us do, I don't think anybody is too excited about spending a bunch of effort on work that may not be usable.

@SeungRyul can hook you up with an invite if you want to be a member of the team once things pick up.
Thanks Xist & thanks everyone so far who has contributed. I may convert this thread soon into a TEST app wish list of features you'd like to see if such an effort were to be made. I'm very eager to see what CIG releases to us this year!!

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Thanks Xist & thanks everyone so far who has contributed. I may convert this thread soon into a TEST app wish list of features you'd like to see if such an effort were to be made. I'm very eager to see what CIG releases to us this year!!
Yes as Xist mentioned we do have an unofficial group Ill pm you an invite.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
The Angular/NodeJS stuff is particularly useful for enterprise web apps by the way, you'll learn a lot of useful stuff.
Amen, I wanted to hire NodeJS developers for a project once, couldn't afford it.
LAMP and LEMP stack solutions were so much cheaper.

Forgot your password?