TEST Squadron will be representing in Manchester Citizencon 2019

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I can volunteer as a Booth Boi. I don't have a ticket for CitCon or a plane ticket so someone is going to have to smuggle me into the country and the con, but I'll wear the smallest thong you can find for free. You'll have to pay me to avoid that sight by putting on pants. I don't make the rules I just abide by them

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I'll be in Vegas for Oct & Nov @DirectorGunner . I'll be happy to hang out with you. I was planning on hitting up the Heart Attack Grill while I'm out there. By the way, how often does the Vegas Bar Citizen group meet up?
I've only seen one within the last year or so. I'll ask them and I'll PM you

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
More like TEST simply sets up a booth anyway, regardless of whether they gave us a spot or not.

2017 Citizen, before booths were a thing, we simply set up and claimed the territory is ours.

Is that in front of a Fire Exit?

For the GLORY of TEST!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I seem to recall hearing that back in the 1970's, some places had toilets that you had to pay in order to use. This being said, IF this display was in front of the restrooms, then that would be an easy way to come up with extra beer money for the after party.
Heh, lots of places had pay toilets. I don't know if you could have made any money, because generally you had to pay the money to get in. It was like a vending machine. Pay your quarter (later 4 quarters, or just a loonie in Canada), do your business then leave. You couldn't even tip, because the only thing to pay was the machine.

I discovered the machines in Europe too, much to my surprise they took credit cards. That's when I discovered that Europe was better at collecting money in general than us over here on this side of the pond... otherwise how do you explain the VAT? Oh. It's in the price charged to your credit card.. and it's kind of funny because VAT is Value Added Tax... I'm still trying to figure out what the value of a quarter kilo of brown squishy shit is and why it would be considered "Value added"

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Heh, lots of places had pay toilets. I don't know if you could have made any money, because generally you had to pay the money to get in. It was like a vending machine. Pay your quarter (later 4 quarters, or just a loonie in Canada), do your business then leave. You couldn't even tip, because the only thing to pay was the machine.

I discovered the machines in Europe too, much to my surprise they took credit cards. That's when I discovered that Europe was better at collecting money in general than us over here on this side of the pond... otherwise how do you explain the VAT? Oh. It's in the price charged to your credit card.. and it's kind of funny because VAT is Value Added Tax... I'm still trying to figure out what the value of a quarter kilo of brown squishy shit is and why it would be considered "Value added"
It would really take the piss if they found a profitable use for your excreta, collected it and then made money out of it too.

Talking of making money and taking the piss, in the medieval age it was common to collect one and ones families wazz to use the ammonia from the degraded urea to treat leather and make it easier to work with, and during times of need such as war time the population was encouraged to collect it for the creation of Saltpeter, a key ingredient in gunpowders of the day.

Public rest rooms are missing a trick, they really are.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It would really take the piss if they found a profitable use for your excreta, collected it and then made money out of it too.

Talking of making money and taking the piss, in the medieval age it was common to collect one and ones families wazz to use the ammonia from the degraded urea to treat leather and make it easier to work with, and during times of need such as war time the population was encouraged to collect it for the creation of Saltpeter, a key ingredient in gunpowders of the day.

This is interesting to me. I spent several years with groups that were involved with the re-creation of medieval technology as a hobby. Yes, that included peeing in a bucket so that a tanner could do their magic with leather. The saltpeter I also know about, but the technological era I was studying was too early for gunpowder though all of the component chemicals were known.

Shadowscout

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Shadowscout

that source of ammonia was also used to dye hair blonde in Venice - http://www.themillennialrunaway.com/venice-facts/

I can't find the source right now but I seem to remember it was an export from Newcastle or some other english city on the coast at one point

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
Scottish (and I'm sure many others in Europe) used horse urine to dye fabrics yellow. So umm... if I show up to an event sporting our trademark yellow.... don't ask any questions about the smell 🤫 😅

Edit: I also looked up the topic and found that some Romans used their own urine as mouthwash and it actually whitens your teeth. Soo umm, that's something we all know about now 🙄

Forgot your password?