TEST, the BEST! But what are you?

Taliyon

Commander
Sep 19, 2018
RSI Handle
Taliyon
I joined TEST, because I've always been impressed with Montoya's content regarding Star Citizen. And everybody within TEST represents themselves really really well! I mean... As far as I've ever seen... Really well! And I really appreciate that.

I can see that you guys are avid gamers. I know that you're all believers in the end-dream that is Star Citizen... But I've always been left wondering... Just what are you guys?!

I'm inclined to believe you're a conglomerate of gamers, more than a clearly defined group with a particular shared goal. Something very atypical when it comes to organizations in games like Star Citizen... So, am I basically right in this supposition? I'm curious.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have two goals -

1) I called my Endeavor the "Ambergris", partly as a nod to the Whale Backers who have paid way over their share into the project and partly as I plan to go and find, then study Space Whales. Yeah, they say space whales don't exist but I think different, and any biological creature that can move in the vaccume of space has to have some strange quantum science going on inside them that would benefit TEST - hence Ambergris... So rare, so valuable, and you don't have to kill a whale to get it. I won't hunt them, i'll study and hopefully cultivate them by feeding them the right things to get the Quantum Ambergris.

Assuming there are ever space-whales in game.

2) I'm waiting for Science to come into the game, when the Star Marine part of AC came in I wanted them to include a joke Toilet Paper Gun - So along with some other threads at the time discussing the Avocado Cannon anti Capital Ship gun (fires avocados at sub-light speeds) we formed the unofficial TWRL - TEST Weapons Research Lab. Gonna get hold of a Super-collider for the Ambergris and hopefully do some other Scienc-y stuff too. I'm crap at logic puzzles, but some of the worlds most incredible discoveries were made by accident so why should that stop me? Maybe TEST will have a place for it to become an official sub-group but then without knowing exactly what it's going to be I can't really assume they can commit to that.

Taliyon

Commander
Sep 19, 2018
RSI Handle
Taliyon
I have two goals -

1) I called my Endeavor the "Ambergris", partly as a nod to the Whale Backers who have paid way over their share into the project and partly as I plan to go and find, then study Space Whales. Yeah, they say space whales don't exist but I think different, and any biological creature that can move in the vaccume of space has to have some strange quantum science going on inside them that would benefit TEST - hence Ambergris... So rare, so valuable, and you don't have to kill a whale to get it. I won't hunt them, i'll study and hopefully cultivate them by feeding them the right things to get the Quantum Ambergris.

Assuming there are ever space-whales in game.

2) I'm waiting for Science to come into the game, when the Star Marine part of AC came in I wanted them to include a joke Toilet Paper Gun - So along with some other threads at the time discussing the Avocado Cannon anti Capital Ship gun (fires avocados at sub-light speeds) we formed the unofficial TWRL - TEST Weapons Research Lab. Gonna get hold of a Super-collider for the Ambergris and hopefully do some other Scienc-y stuff too. I'm crap at logic puzzles, but some of the worlds most incredible discoveries were made by accident so why should that stop me? Maybe TEST will have a place for it to become an official sub-group but then without knowing exactly what it's going to be I can't really assume they can commit to that.
That's fucking beautiful! 💖😄

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I'm in Test for the following reasons,
The laughs: unless we are trying to be organised most people dislike too much seriousness,
The friendship: When I log into Discord I am made to feel welcome, If I ask for advice or support I get well meaning help,
The beer; when I have met Testies in real life we share simliar needs,
The size of the org; there is generally someone around to play various games with if you want to,
Organisation and development: it has been interesting to see the development of the organisation, some "policies" and aims have been made clear . Ideas for the future have been suggested and I want to see it develop
Religious zeal; Being a member of a cult has fulfilled my life.

Taliyon

Commander
Sep 19, 2018
RSI Handle
Taliyon
I'm in Test for the following reasons,
The laughs: unless we are trying to be organised most people dislike too much seriousness,
The friendship: When I log into Discord I am made to feel welcome, If I ask for advice or support I get well meaning help,
The beer; when I have met Testies in real life we share simliar needs,
The size of the org; there is generally someone around to play various games with if you want to,
Organisation and development: it has been interesting to see the development of the organisation, some "policies" and aims have been made clear . Ideas for the future have been suggested and I want to see it develop
Religious zeal; Being a member of a cult has fulfilled my life.
As a professional pilot,** Love your icon** and a sometimes overly rigid gamer, I can see you and the rest are exactly the kind of people I'd want to have a beer with... Excellence!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think we are a loose conglomerate at least until there is a real game, then you should expect more in the way of plans and goals.

My goals are pretty simple--kill things and take their treasure. I don't care too much what things, but I am basically the lawful type and certainly all TESTies get a pass. Killing Vanduul things sounds great fun and those Outsiders may need a lesson in manners.

Oh, and my plan to reach my goal is to sing sick sea shanties, belch warm beer, drool on my sleeve, groan "arrrrr, arrrr" and try not to fly into Blind Owl, who we all know is busy always cutting people off since he can't see a damn thing. Now get off my peg leg. . .that's not what it's for.

Forgot your password?