TESTies, how did you think up your current handles?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Back in the dark ages of middle school, young AntiSqueaker, had a problem with pueberty. Namely a cracking voice, combined with acne and his body growing at an uncomfortable rate. Playing Halo, Diablo 2, Planetside I was constantly blasted for being a Squeaker.

Rage consumed my being, for though I had a squeaky voice, my soul, my very essence was free of the dreaded taint.

I suffered, OH HOW I SUFFERED, in vidya games until the last taint of the miasma had worked its way from my throat, and I emerged clean and free! With all the tenacity, cleverness, and forethought my still teenage mind, I rallied against my years of terror and sorrow.

I emerged, more than a teenager. More than a man. I became an ideal, a veritable force of nature, the driving force of life itself. I shed my previous handle and adopted the grim mask of: ANTISQUEAKER. Let all those who rage immaturely at games tremble before my scathing sarcasm, and lament at my lack of mercy!

(tl;dr pueberty sucked for me big time and I'm unoriginal)

Chairman Meow

Grand Admiral
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Chabby
For the longest I was always Your_Pet_Cat for any game related handle, because at 14 this is terribly funny and clever, if you were me at least... I thought I needed something more grown up when I sat down to finally make my SC account, something to reflect on the maturity I had gained over the years since then. I kept the page up for a few hours while I carefully thought out my decision. The answer ended up laying at my fingertips in the form of a sticker.

While Meow may be a creation of the internet, I'll be damned if I'm not the one to bring him into SPACE
tldr- oh god Im still a man child, herp derp cats are funny...

BulletMagnet

Vice Admiral
May 23, 2015
RSI Handle
BullMag
I got the nickname back in the counterstrike 1 days. Somehow bullets would curve around corners to hit me and we would joke that regardless of how many people were near me....i would get hit with a spray of bullets. Then i changed my handle and embraced the name. And ever since then, the curse follows me no more. Now I am the one raining bullets...at least at fps

And apologies for poor grammer i surf on an ipad, and am too lazy to correct it all

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
I can tell you that mine in an intentional typo of the Russian Composer 'Rimsky-Korsakov' but I really can't remember how I came up with it. Whilst I do enjoy it from time to time, I'm not exactly 'into' Classical Music and have no particular fondness of Korsakov over any other composer, I think I just liked the Russian name.

It stuck because I found that about 99% of the time it's not taken wheras any variation of my real, unreasonably-common name always is. On the off chance it is taken (Like Twitch) I will rage for a few minutes and then go with Cdr_Kersakov or Lt_Kersakov depending on how commanding i'm feeling at the time...

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Hey all!

So I love a good origin story; I'm genuinely curious as to the thought processes that led you guys to think up all your wild and colourful usernames.

//M
I spilled my entire middle school lunch on one of my friends after tripping over a backpack. He just looked up at me and said. "Dammit Prone, you are so accident prone!" And then I ate lunch. Accident Prone Ate. Accident Prone8. It became my gaming handle ever since.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Reptar is a cool dinosaur (bonus points if you are catch the reference ;)
~1/3 of peoples (especially if you have a little asian in you) are genetically related to the Khan (also just finished Marco Polo when coming up with a handle lol)
Does it have anything to do with a baby named tommy? ;)

PhosphorusForFun

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2015
RSI Handle
PhosphorusForFun
I'm actually not prideful at all and enjoy juxtapositions (as well as palindromes, but those are harder to think of when you're sitting at a Sign Up! paged going "Umm, umm what's my username gonna be?")

It has some history, pretty much used in every game I play and in the case of characters is usually represented by a haughty female character offsetting the character I usually try to make close to my likeness.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
"back in the days" when you could only get to lvl 60 in wow my brother and i wanted to roleplay as undead brothers. he loved the priest, especialy the shadow tree. and i loved stealth so i became a rogue. we made an awesome background for them (which i mainly not remember anymore).
we played those characters only together. but namegiving was hard so:
him being skilled in shadow wich only brings "pain" and a crippled mind to those oposing him and me being his "shadow" that mutilates and kills everyone stupid enough to fight him.
those where the names we chose after thinking long and hard. but that was just to blunt so we made an forsaken and some other hord character and then he said those words in "gutterspeak" (the language of the undead)
Thus we became the hatet brothers Nostyec and Rogesh with hearts as cold as.... well dead people... unvorgiving and cruel. if you crossed their paths only suffering in body and soul awaited you. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *cough cough*

ehem..... sorry.... that escalated quick.... this always happens..... :I

well it stuck with me
I often go with the name Loksur if Rogesh's taken(like it was in gta V:mad:). loksur is just the name of my second main in wow XD no big meaning behind that, just sounded cool :D

Jestyr

Space Marshal
May 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Jeso
I was in the Air Force, forever cracking jokes and playing pranks on people. I was a computer/mainframe guy so many of the pranks were related to that somehow. When it came time to leave my first assignment my squadron got me a plaque that said I was such a joker. At my new assignment they saw the plaque and someone called me Jester. It stuck and became my nickname. As I started playing games that name seems to be the first taken. It morphed into Jestyr and then to Jeso. Used the names on countless BBs, MUDs, games, forums and such.

Also, did you know that you can not run in a camp ground? You can only ran because its past tents.

Jestyr is NOT dead.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
So, mine is the main character in a series of books I read in middle/high school, by Piers Anthony, Incarnations of Immortality. I loved the thought that a normal guy could take over the job of a god. And since I can usually make a character that can walk through a crowd of monsters/bad guys, my friends online started calling me death walker. The when Guild Wars came out, my first character was Thanatos Keres, both names for Death. And all the rest of the characters were given the last name of Keres. But the Thanatos thing stuck through Steam, and into SC.

Forgot your password?