Testihol 2949 - with an unfortunate twist - SIGN UP FOR YOUR BOTTLES (Max of 10)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It's pear schnapps, nothing more. :D

If there's anyone from the states coming, they could bring a bottle back with them in checked luggage, though.
I think it's great that you have a hobby like this. Back in the 80's and 90's when my oldest kids were young we used to make beer, mead, and hard cider. The kids made soda's like root beer and grape soda. It was a lot of fun. Nowadays there isn't enough room and it probably violates a half dozen city ordinances so I don't bother. Geesh. Progress.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I think it's great that you have a hobby like this. Back in the 80's and 90's when my oldest kids were young we used to make beer, mead, and hard cider. The kids made soda's like root beer and grape soda. It was a lot of fun. Nowadays there isn't enough room and it probably violates a half dozen city ordinances so I don't bother. Geesh. Progress.

No instead kids nowadays learn chemistry from their parent's drug labs or TV.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
We can always distribute via the TEST Booth!

This assumes we get a TEST booth.
In Texas, when you can't wait to have a great time with fellow enthusiasts, you don't need to have your own booth. You tailgate like a champ & get the TESTifying started early.

Reactions: Bambooza

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Don’t try this in the US. While home brewing is legal, receiving funds for home brewed stuff is highly illegal....because it cuts in on tax revenues.

you can give it away to friends and family, but you can’t take money for it..even to defray costs.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
State laws govern home brewing IIRC, not local laws. Also, according to my info, all 50 states allow home brewing to some extent.

in most places, you can make 100 gallons of wine, beer, mead, etc per adult at least 21 years in the household, up to 200 Gallons per year.

you are NOT allowed to distill any of the above. No ice concentrating either. If you can get yeasts that survive to 20-25 percent ABV, you can use that strain, but you can’t try to get a higher value through means other than fermentation. That would be distilling/concentrating. The reason they claim is safety (which has some validity to it), but the real reason is the tax revenue they would miss out on.

I am not sure if you can home brew in a dry county. I think you can, you just can’t buy booze there.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
State laws govern home brewing IIRC, not local laws. Also, according to my info, all 50 states allow home brewing to some extent.

in most places, you can make 100 gallons of wine, beer, mead, etc per adult at least 21 years in the household, up to 200 Gallons per year.

you are NOT allowed to distill any of the above. No ice concentrating either. If you can get yeasts that survive to 20-25 percent ABV, you can use that strain, but you can’t try to get a higher value through means other than fermentation. That would be distilling/concentrating. The reason they claim is safety (which has some validity to it), but the real reason is the tax revenue they would miss out on.

I am not sure if you can home brew in a dry county. I think you can, you just can’t buy booze there.

All hangovers from the failed 18th amendment.

Forgot your password?