Status
Not open for further replies.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
wow, I've never actually seen anyone wear a CPU condom on their hands/fingers before.

25+ years in IT and I never once used so much as a wrist strap except when forced to by one boss with a stick up his ass. Only once had a part fail (out of thousands if not tens of thousands) that might have been static shock but was more likely DOA. I just ground off by touching the chassis frequently.
Yeah, at $2/pair I can imagine why most people do like to use these ESD gloves. Luckily, we get an electronic manufacturing subsidy that covers most of the cost of them. We also do a lot of photoshoots with our products. They work great for keeping everything clean and fingerprints away. Most importantly though, they do work and keep our failure-rates down.

Because we are so anal and strict about our manufacturing/assembly, and because we have such a small team, we now have ultra-low failure rates. That leads to lower overhead obviously. I worked at Intel and we used them there, so we figured if they were good enough for Intel Manufacturing, they would be good enough for our little manufacturing company.

But yeah, in the field I do not think anyone uses ESD anything."Tap and Go" probably works great.

Oh and morning bump, have one left, $250 Or Best Offer. Also remember $25 of that goes to TEST. So when you buy this, you are supporting the Org. You will not find an open-box deal on a brand new MSI 770 2GB like this either.

Last edited:

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
@Montoya @SeungRyul please delete this thread made a single thread for all my shits thanks guys !
Locked this for you :) There may be some posts and information to refer to, but this will be closed for other replied. All further marketplace action will take place in the other thread.

Would you like the threads merged into one? Just PM me :)

Reactions: CitizenDad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?