TestNewsNetwork.com

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
In other news, reports of a mysterious terrorist network calling themselves "The Corporation" are actively recruiting young, impressionable npcs for what we can only surmise is in preparation of a massive attack.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Can you shoot me an FTP account?

I'll put up a funny Test themed holding page until we're ready to set something up
@SeungRyul will probably handling all that stuff once he finishes the website for Head2Head Gaming's Gaming Bar aka TEST NW. We'll have a meeting in regards to this soon so if you want to draft up a proposal or something and email it to [email protected] we'll run with it for now.

Let's do this!

Here are some segments that @Commander Kip and I came up with. Okay, mostly him hehe:

"This Totally Happened"

"Rumor Has it"

"News you can use"

"Badass Player of the Week"

“Test News Best News”

"Never doing that again, Today"

Any other idea's please put them in here.

Thanks!

Reactions: Hydro_Axis

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
@SeungRyul will probably handling all that stuff once he finishes the website for Head2Head Gaming's Gaming Bar aka TEST NW. We'll have a meeting in regards to this soon so if you want to draft up a proposal or something and email it to [email protected] we'll run with it for now.

Let's do this!

Here are some segments that @Commander Kip and I came up with. Okay, mostly him hehe:

"This Totally Happened"

"Rumor Has it"

"News you can use"

"Badass Player of the Week"

“Test News Best News”

"Never doing that again, Today"

Any other idea's please put them in here.

Thanks!
Well my IRL job is web development, but sure no probs.

With regards to a whole new site currently? That shit is best run on a PHP backend, like Wordpress which wouldn't be hard.

Check out ImperialNewsNetwork. They run on WP. And that way it provides a CMS for 'writers' to publish through.

I was just going to throw some simple JS stuff up for the time being.

Reactions: CitizenDad

Tooterfish

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Tooterfish
I have the scoop on Sandi Gardiner's secret marriage to CR, the real reason Wingman left CIG (was it murder?), Nichole D'Angelo's sex change and how I made 1 million dollars from home and doubled the size of my penis with this one secret that doctors hate!

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
You glorious bastard!

I would love to see quick daily/as regular as people can do news videos with (w)'anchors' hosting it.

Like 30-second headlines and bare bits of details done in a humorous way. I actually tried to do this once just for comedy related reasons while at uni, loved the concept but my video/sound editing skills killed it :(

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Slumlord, we all appreciate your initiative here, but there is a lot to discuss before we run with something like this:

1) This was Zaraphandox's idea, we need to get his ass involved!

2) The name was my idea in passing you ass! :D I appreciate you grabbing the domain, but this was all just theorycrafting, we did not intend on starting a whole new site immediately, which leads us to:

3) It adds yet another entirely different platform on top of RSI forums, the upcoming Org specific forums on RSI, our subreddit and this forum. Are we going to spread ourselves too thin?

While Im confident we will have enough content to keep a news site busy, there is a lot more to discuss before we actually start working on a project like this!

Stop jumping the gun you asshole! :D

Now there is no going back and we have to move on this instead of me enjoying my birthday!

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Slumlord, we all appreciate your initiative here, but there is a lot to discuss before we run with something like this:

1) This was Zaraphandox's idea, he has been the one spearheading the initiative so he should be consulted in how he envisions this working.

2) The name was my idea in passing, we did not actually discuss this with many of the regulars first. I appreciate you grabbing the domain, but this was all just theorycrafting, we did not intend on starting a whole new site immediately, which leads us to:

3) It adds yet another entirely different platform on top of RSI forums, the upcoming Org specific forums on RSI, our subreddit and this forum. Are we going to spread ourselves too thin?

While Im confident we can provide enough content to keep a news site busy, there is a lot more to discuss before we actually start working on a project like this!

Stop jumping the gun you asshole! :D

PS, lets see more baby scans!
I feel like 90% of every single thing posted on the internet about star citizen needs to be automatically removed with a message stating "we don't know yet and we're waiting until we do"

• Love
Reactions: CitizenDad
Forgot your password?