the best smuggler

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
For kicks I pulled up specs on 7 birds to see what would be the best high value cargo, small smuggling ship, and I am completely surprised. I looked at the Aurora CL, Mustang Alpha, F7C Hornet, Avenger Titan, Reliant Tana, 135C and 325i.

Values I graded in this order: 1) stealth, 2) cargo space, 3) speed, 4) firepower, 5) shields and hull

So given these choices and these values, what came out on top? The 135C!

I don't see how they can put 6 units in a bird that small, but it is going to be pretty friggin' invisible in Void Armor. That is one tiny cargo hauler. Now that they grew the Avenger series and it will probably not fit into a Carrack nor Polaris I am taking the tiny 135C more seriously. The Radar Cross Section is going to be half of most of the others, which means you'll be picked up on active radar at 1/4 the range (if they use real world physics for this.)

I am thinking the li'l bird is quite cool now. Do you think it will really carry 6 units?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'd like to think that it would be as you describe. It also has the ability to fly longer range outside of quantum thanks to its AIR system.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If it had the pipes to fit a scan package in the cargo space, that would be a fascinating option for tenders. Looks like you might fit three into the Polaris bay.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Good discussion, I would go for
1- Speed, 2- Stealth, 3-Cargo space.

As for firepower, shields, hull. Dump it, if it reduces speed and stealth,

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Printimus, so as a smuggler, you expect to be found? I presumed maybe wrongly, that better shields and hull would reduce stealth

Forgot your password?