The "Classified"s

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
So I noticed on the sale page time-line that Aegis and some other manufacturer have a "Classified" bit. Wonder what they might be, something new? Or perhaps a repeat of an old vessel like the Eclipse? Or was it announced at some point and I totally missed it like usual?
CLASSIFIED.png

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Well, the first one is Aegis, but the second one is Consolidated Outlands. In the thread [Here] , there is some speculation of another cap ship. Given the design and the two choices, it looks closer to the Consolidated Outlands new design scheme as shown with the Pioneer. So, I would guess that at least the CO ship is the new cap ship. As far as the Aegis ship, I have no idea. Nobody knows for sure what is in store.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
@Bruttle sees what I see.

First one seems almost definitely a Raven variant, maybe just a paint scheme, one that will not to be locked to the SSD purchase. A lot of people want that bird, but don't want or need a new SSD card. I'd still expect it to run a pretty penny though ($300+?), just to keep it rare.
(EDIT: Also, likely a deal with Intel, but for limited time, to keep Raven as an exclusive bonus to their product.)

Second one, Consolidated Outlands makes sense. Art teams have been working on the brand's design with Pioneer and Mustang rework. The brand does need some filling out, having only a tiny starter boat and then a massive behemoth. Wouldn't expect a third fighter in the same sale window, but would expect a combat ship. It does have the UEE militia logo in the teaser, correct? Probably 2nd place concept for Pioneer, scaled down and redesigned for war. If I had to guess, between $400 - $800, leaning more towards $800.

Disclaimer: Once in a blue moon, I am known to be wrong. But keep that between us. Double Top Secret.

Last edited:

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
I'm still trying to sort out why they put a pic of a blurry Cutlass Red for the Aegis Classified image.

Possibly another SAR concept ship relased by Aegis?

Edit - also just noticed, i see the blurry Aegis logo, but also another VERY blurred out logo of some kind... possible a 2 ship at the same time concept sale?

I'm probably wrong, but fun to have a few beers while I wait to find out and try to figure out the puzzle... would be awesome to see another ship added for the SAR role

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I will openly admit that I have NO idea what either of the "Classified" ships are, but I'm sure as hell excited to find out what the Santa devs at CIG have delivered us for the holidays this year.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I already have the 2 main pages that I'll be going to 1st opened in their own tabs for me to simply refresh periodically over the next 90+ min to again make sure that I'm in close to the front of the chaos. LoL I'm not even planning on buying anything today to my knowledge. My main targets will be on the 27th & 29th. I'm praying that they will allow the purchase of CCU's for the 890J & Phoenix this year. If so, I'll have 1 seriously awesome 600i bundle game package in my Hanger. LoL

Reactions: Blind Owl

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
If it's really the Cutlass Black pirate edition I am all over it, screw everything else. I'll melt my black and buy that instead.

Actually then I can still afford another ship so I will still get another ship as well :)

Forgot your password?