The Division Open Beta!!!

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
zedex26 on uPlay.

I'll try to play some this weekend, but my Fiancee just got a bad news from back home so if she's not in a good mood, I won't be playing

Takran

Admiral
Feb 8, 2016
RSI Handle
TakranG
Why's that?
Gameplay just doesn't *feel* good. Clunky, slow, and imprecise. I can't get past the feeling that I would much rather be playing a real shooter.

Content obviously is heavily limited in the beta, but I can't help shake the feeling that even after release content is going to be very samey. That's just a guess though. Doesn't matter much what content there is if I can't stand playing the game, in any case.

ACrzyRussian

Captain
Donor
Jan 30, 2016
RSI Handle
ACrzyRussian
I played it thurstday/yesterday (XB1). So far its pretty fun, but I dont think ill play anymore of the beta so I dont get burnt out...

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Gameplay just doesn't *feel* good. Clunky, slow, and imprecise. I can't get past the feeling that I would much rather be playing a real shooter.

Content obviously is heavily limited in the beta, but I can't help shake the feeling that even after release content is going to be very samey. That's just a guess though. Doesn't matter much what content there is if I can't stand playing the game, in any case.
seems like you expected to play like a real shooter instead of an rpg. If youre talking about control wise, then yes it feels a little off, but from my experience with shooters they all differ and need time to make the adjustment where it feels comfortable.

Takran

Admiral
Feb 8, 2016
RSI Handle
TakranG
seems like you expected to play like a real shooter instead of an rpg. If youre talking about control wise, then yes it feels a little off, but from my experience with shooters they all differ and need time to make the adjustment where it feels comfortable.
Time to kill definitely bothers me, and that's kind of an RPG thing, but I don't know why it has to be - and thing is, there's not a whole lot of RPG going on there. You pick a couple "abilities", that you can upgrade a bit, but levels seem to mean very little. You run around shooting people (NPC or otherwise), constantly. It's the core of the gameplay, so how is it okay that the core be second-rate (or third-rate, if I'm honest)? To me it plays neither as a traditional shooter (even for third-person shooters) nor as a traditional RPG, but rather far too few elements of each clumsily stuck together to make... nothing.

I know some people, for whatever reason, love it, and if so that's great - but I can safely say that I'll be skipping this one. Certainly I'd recommend playing the beta, in case your opinion ends up aligning more with mine. Save you 60 bucks, that will, the equivalent of an Aurora and a healthy dose of beer.

Reactions: Doggen

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Time to kill definitely bothers me, and that's kind of an RPG thing, but I don't know why it has to be - and thing is, there's not a whole lot of RPG going on there. You pick a couple "abilities", that you can upgrade a bit, but levels seem to mean very little. You run around shooting people (NPC or otherwise), constantly. It's the core of the gameplay, so how is it okay that the core be second-rate (or third-rate, if I'm honest)? To me it plays neither as a traditional shooter (even for third-person shooters) nor as a traditional RPG, but rather far too few elements of each clumsily stuck together to make... nothing.

I know some people, for whatever reason, love it, and if so that's great - but I can safely say that I'll be skipping this one. Certainly I'd recommend playing the beta, in case your opinion ends up aligning more with mine. Save you 60 bucks, that will, the equivalent of an Aurora and a healthy dose of beer.
I beg to differ, aside from guns everything here is rpg. You have dmg shown, it takes multiple hits to kill, enemies have health pools and abilities. The amount of abilities with talents and mods makes the abilities unique and extensive. The levels like any rpg allow you to upgrade. The abilities will upgrade as you level up. Its exactly what a action rpg shooter should be. The gears have different stats, and talents. The only shooter aspect really is the fact you shoot guns, that's where it ends. You can heal, buff, debuff. There is a lot of rpg elements in this game.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have been playing the beta on pc since it started, I can say I am pretty pleased with it so far although there can be some frustrating times with some rogue squads camping extraction points but overall not bad. Rift74 feel free to add me.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut

Well since we dont have access to the perks and other talents available its hard to really see the whole picture when you only have access to 1/3rd of the game or less. I also think the co-op aspect of this game is what really drives it as long as they can keep the story and zones fresh. Overall im excited after playing the beta its nice to see something different than COD and battlefield.

McFurious

Grand Admiral
Dec 27, 2014
RSI Handle
McFurious
Played the beta over the weekend and ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Great for co-op but the PVP system in the dark zone is... different... Not sure if I like it or not yet. At least it makes people think twice before killing and stealing someone's stuff. Gonna wait until the rest of the game is revealed and see what kind of end game content it has before I decide to buy.

I gotta give the environmental design team 10/10 though. It really felt like a vast apocolyptic New York City.

Forgot your password?