The Fleet I plan on having after the Anniversary

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Tana was for a starter ship pretty much to work my way up in the fighter category. Other options could be Mustang Delta or 315p for finding asteroid belts.
The 315p would be a great fit in your fleet. Keep in mind, you don't need a cheap fighter ship to work your way up to better fighting ships. If you start out with your MAX, by the time you'll feel the need to switch to something else you'll already have enough money to buy any profession starter your heart desires.
I'm just stressing this because I feel it's inefficient to buy several starter ships (which are...well....bad ships) when you could invest your money in 2nd tier ships that will depreciate slower. Take the MAX, for example: I imagine you'll still use your MAX after 2-3 months into the game. A starter like the Aurora or Reliant? I'd give it 1-2 weeks tops. Again, I'm pulling these numbers out of my ass here, but I imagine that's how the game economy would make the most sense and I think it's worth it to invest in the bigger, better ships, because the starters will be (citation needed) dirt cheap when the game goes live.

Reactions: Beerjerker

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
The 315p would be a great fit in your fleet. Keep in mind, you don't need a cheap fighter ship to work your way up to better fighting ships. If you start out with your MAX, by the time you'll feel the need to switch to something else you'll already have enough money to buy any profession starter your heart desires.
I'm just stressing this because I feel it's inefficient to buy several starter ships (which are...well....bad ships) when you could invest your money in 2nd tier ships that will depreciate slower. Take the MAX, for example: I imagine you'll still use your MAX after 2-3 months into the game. A starter like the Aurora or Reliant? I'd give it 1-2 weeks tops. Again, I'm pulling these numbers out of my ass here, but I imagine that's how the game economy would make the most sense and I think it's worth it to invest in the bigger, better ships, because the starters will be (citation needed) dirt cheap when the game goes live.
I am sure I will get a lot of use out of the max and the prospector. Especially if I get mods to do different things with the MAX. The only upgrade from the prospector is the Orion. Really not sure the Dragonfly would need changed until I went to a bigger ship from the MAX. 315p would eventually be gotten rid of for a terrapin. (The max does look like it might be able to fit a rover from the size of it in the hanger.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
In the hanger the back section of the MAX is every bit as wide and deeper than the lift for the Irsa Rover on the Aquila but that may change with its update pass before its released

Reactions: Blind Owl

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
If bigger ships are better would

Constellation Aquila
Prospector

Be a better fleet since the constellation is suppose to be very modular? The problem with the bigger ships is you will be depended on other people wanting to crew with you to use it depending on how good the npcs are once npc crews are introduced.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza

Constellation Aquila
Prospector

Be a better fleet since the constellation is suppose to be very modular? The problem with the bigger ships is you will be depended on other people wanting to crew with you to use it depending on how good the npcs are once npc crews are introduced.
Constellations are, indeed, supposed to be really customizable.
You could get the Taurus/Andromeda, which would fill the role your Max currently has, and upgrade to the Aquila in game, with credits.
That leaves you with enough cash to get a Dragonfly, which you'll absolutely need when 3.0 hits, just to be able to roam around on land.
You can always melt/rebuy to your heart's content, becauae the Max and the Connies are always available.

Reactions: Blind Owl

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
Its in my other account, Im trying to sell that too, I cant belive I didnt post it on here too, so dumb of me, but Id liek to keep either a Carrack or a Reclaimer and then selll the rest
What, why selling an éclipse

Reactions: supitza

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker

Constellation Aquila
Prospector

I think NPC crew, at least small NPC crew, won't be too much to worry about. If the galaxy is supposed to be 90% NPC, and I doubt a game being this picky about detail would have them just pretending to operate spaceships. They'll know what to well enough, even if compared to live players they're not as good. Not to mention, if you're not doing something high risk, you should be able to manage something the size of a Connie solo.

I'd agree with @supitza that the starter ships will probably be easy to get in game and be almost just as easy to grow out of, so I wouldn't set up a fleet of all starter ships. Some will always have a use though, a fast way to get from A to B, or a cheap way (fuel) to get small amounts of cargo moved. And, if you really like one of the starters, no reason you shouldn't be able to just hot rod it up for fun, even after you've move on from its most practical use.

More than what you think you'll want to start the game with, I'd keep in mind what you want to reliably have to play with in the alpha/beta. What do you want to have when no one is around to loan you something you haven't tried yet? What do you want to have to loan out to someone who's never tried it before?

Once the game goes live, I figure it won't be too long before we all have multiple hangars in multiple systems, each with their own collections on hand. I think your original fleet plan is good, I think the changes you are considering are good too.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
The problem with the Hornet is if you go by the matrix it’s getting a maneuverability nerf for all models. This makes sense if their intention is to make it favor gimble mounts for its weapons and to make light fighters more viable an option.

Nox2020

Commander
Nov 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Nox_Bellator
I just need you guys to have some sort of ship that I can cras...I mean land my hornet on so I can get shit fac....I mean procure resupply.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
I could go

Cutlass Black
Buccaneer
Dragonfly Black
Prospector

Wouldn’t have as much cargo but would be more combat capable just have a lot to learn

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
At the end of the day a lot of people have big ships that will need crews. I could do the standard Hornet instead since it can fit 2 cargo and is a solo ship with a lot of options.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
I guess with having it in mind of having something I could lend someone and having stuff I could upgrade I could do

Constalation Taurus
Hornet F7C
Ursa Rover
Cyclone TR

That way I could work on modules for the Connie and the Hornet and have ground vehicles. When I want to mine I could crew on someone else’s Orion. My only question is will the better insurance only be on the ships that aren’t normally available?

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
Okay two possible options I am thinking about seriously with the advice I have received.

Constellation Aquila
Hornet-F7C game package

This option would give two very upgadeable ships. A crew ship and a solo ship with a ground vehicle but lacks mining. I could mine by crewing on someone’s Orion just wouldn’t be a solo option.

Option 2:

Constellation Taurus
Ursa Rover
Prospector
Either Mustang or Aurora game package just for the game.

I don’t know if they will offer a game package option with the prospector or not. This would have one very upgradable ship and a ground vehicle that can fit the whole crew in it. It gives me the option to mine as a solo activity to help produce some of the frieght for the Taurus. Could use the starter Mustang to moves small cargo around for shits and giggles solo too.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
I am going to go

Cutlass Black- General purpose ship that can act as boarding/dropship so will pry always be useful.

Dragonfly Black- Way to get around on the ground. Fits in the Cutlass and can carry it’s max crew.

Buccaneer- This ship should have some modularity but mainly to use as a fighter for merc/yellow jacket stuff and for fun.

Retaliator Base- large ship suppose to be very modular to fit your needs. (Looks cool and is made to fight Capital ships)

I am sure I will get the opertunity to crew on an Orion for mining or borrow someone’s Prospector and if I really enjoy it I will add one to my fleet later possible with in game currency. Unless I decide to give them more of my hard earned moneys.

Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions made me realize one big ship would be a great idea. I will also enjoy crewing on other people’s ships so it’s not like I shouldn’t be able to take part in every aspect of the game.

Forgot your password?