The Last Jedi - Spoilers

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
If J.J. Abrams does not redeem the series with #9, and I am currently on the fence about even seeing that one, then I'm done with all subsequent entries and derivatives.

After having time to think I now believe TLJ to be the worst movie in the franchise, worse than TPM with Mannikin Skywalker and the midiclorians, worse than AOTC with it's truly racist alien caricatures and Jar Jar, worse than ROTS with the waste of Count Dooku and Vader's Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, worse even than TFA which I did not really enjoy.

After the original 3 only Rogue One has been what I consider a 'good' Star Wars movie.

The SJW's meddling and Rian Johnson's laziness gave us an utter piece of shite that pissed in our Cheerios while staring us straight in the face.

'Gimp

Reactions: Passeeo

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Finally saw TLJ yesterday.

Major SPOILERS. Do not read unles you have seen the movie or do not care.

The movie is a big pile of steaming horses#*t.

To support that statement, let us go over just a few examples of from the manure pile:
Leia’s survival of the attack that killed everyone else on the bridge.
The blue (green?) milk scene
Rey’s sudden mastery of the force after 3 lessons
The whole Luke/Kyle Ren storyline about who was to blame.
The Snoke scene where Ben turns the saber on his “true enemy”
The derivative nature of the scenes. It was like BSG episode 1, with the speeder fight scene from Hoth and the MF flying through the Death Star.
The whole fight with this imperial guard looked like a badly scripted and choreographed fight scene from the Power Rangers tv show.
Cannon shot through space with ballistic arcs?
Poe’s insubordination
Yoda and the lightning
The Porgs
Phasma and her very little screen time and meaningless death.
The lack on on screen explanation of how things got to be this way after the victory at Endor. This is a galaxy, not just one system. How did destroying the capitol cripple an entire galaxy?
The whole bomber setup in the first act. After all, no gravity in space, why are you using gravity fed bomb racks?

There is a whole lot of war, it is set in the stars...so yes, technically star war...but...really? This is the best you can do?

I feel they tried to make Star Wars gritty and raw, filled with epic choreography and CGI. Yes. From a technical perspective, it was shot well. The acting provided by the characters was the same B level acting we got with 4-6, so that’s the same, but...they just tried too hard and ended up ruining the whole thing instead of recreating the magic. Due to over the top levels of violence for the sake of violence, I would not even take my nieces or nephews to it. There are no heroes in this movie, only villains to a lesser or greater degree....ok, the engineer was a hero, and maybe Finn, but that’s it.

Now, Finn, Poe, Rey, and Hux did have a few good lines, but really. The whole it’s just business line?

They should have left this steaming turd where Luke left his x-wing. At the bottom of the ocean

There is nothing to redeem this movie, and this coming from a Star Wars fan...Disney needs to fire the entire creative team, consign episode 7 and 8 to the same place as Highlander 2, and start over...maybe T. Zahn’s Thrawn books.

Forgot your password?