The Lost Ship Dilemma!

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
After a couple years away, I finally started up with SC again just before the IAE, and finally bought something other than my Mustang starter ship! Got the Cutty Black with the best in show paint. Upgraded from a Nomad and even saved myself 10 bucks. Since then I've been learning to fly all over again. So, here's my dilemma.

I've been running those stupid Ling Family missions that are buggy as hell, but still, I learn to fly and get enough aUEC to buy some armor. I ran into a buggy mess now. While delivering a package on Yella (which I've had more bugs on than any other planet), I got trapped by the damn bunk bed! I spent 15 minutes trying to get my skinny butt out, with no luck. Feeling dejected that I didn't finish the run, and I had no beer with me in the bunk bed (nor any other perks...) I just quit. Next day I went back and filed a claim on my Cutty. The claim wouldn't file! Keeps returning to the "Claim" page. Then, I notice that I have a second Cutty. Hmmmm..... I say to myself......

1607744618973.png

I'll just retrieve the second Cutty and carry on. NOPE! It retrieved, but on the platform it wouldn't let me open the door! Stuck again!

I filed a ticket on the Roberts Space Industries website 2 days ago, all I have is an acknowledgement so far.

Any one have this happen to them before?

I'm wondering if I go back there with my puny little pew, pew guns on my Mustang if I can blow up the Cutty, maybe that will return things to normal? Any creative ideas? Anyone with an Aurora willing to crash into it for me? I'm open to all ideas, I was having a blast flying around the Cutty, now I have nothing for the weekend!

Guess we really are still in alpha, aren't we?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
After a couple years away, I finally started up with SC again just before the IAE, and finally bought something other than my Mustang starter ship! Got the Cutty Black with the best in show paint. Upgraded from a Nomad and even saved myself 10 bucks. Since then I've been learning to fly all over again. So, here's my dilemma.

I've been running those stupid Ling Family missions that are buggy as hell, but still, I learn to fly and get enough aUEC to buy some armor. I ran into a buggy mess now. While delivering a package on Yella (which I've had more bugs on than any other planet), I got trapped by the damn bunk bed! I spent 15 minutes trying to get my skinny butt out, with no luck. Feeling dejected that I didn't finish the run, and I had no beer with me in the bunk bed (nor any other perks...) I just quit. Next day I went back and filed a claim on my Cutty. The claim wouldn't file! Keeps returning to the "Claim" page. Then, I notice that I have a second Cutty. Hmmmm..... I say to myself......

View attachment 19926

I'll just retrieve the second Cutty and carry on. NOPE! It retrieved, but on the platform it wouldn't let me open the door! Stuck again!

I filed a ticket on the Roberts Space Industries website 2 days ago, all I have is an acknowledgement so far.

Any one have this happen to them before?

I'm wondering if I go back there with my puny little pew, pew guns on my Mustang if I can blow up the Cutty, maybe that will return things to normal? Any creative ideas? Anyone with an Aurora willing to crash into it for me? I'm open to all ideas, I was having a blast flying around the Cutty, now I have nothing for the weekend!

Guess we really are still in alpha, aren't we?
Yep it happens. Sometimes if you go to another location, and claim it. Like a station or other planet.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Get yourself over to an R&R or Olisar or anywhere and claim your insurance there. I haven't had much luck claiming my insurance at the place I've spawned my ships from so go over to the H1 R&R or Olisar. Works for me. Sometimes.

Oh, and delete your USER file, you are supposed to after every patch upgrade but I do whenever I get issues too. Sometimes the issue goes, sometimes it stays. Worth a shot for 20 seconds of effort.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You can usually claim stuck ships if you go to another space station like one of the HUR or CRU

Forgot your password?