The Might of the UEE Navy

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I cant believe what I'm reading right now

A TEST member saying something is.....better than pew pew ram ram????
Would you have been able to believe it more if he'd said that a case of cold beer on a hot summer day was, "better than pew pew ram ram"?

I noticed something....the UEE docks for the fleet can fit something even bigger than the Javelin.

Hype!
Yes, I'd wager that something larger is "a bigger ship". CIG finally watched Jaws & decided on the measurements for the Bengal.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
No one seems to have been interested by the numbers and kinds of guns on the Jav. Doesn't look like the ships page description at all. What are those humungous turrets all about? Quad S9 guns?
If those hit a ship smaller than a Connie, it should be instant death. Anything less than a Hammerhead should be critically damaged & the HH should take severe damage from the size of those behemoths. I suspect that there was a glitch in the scaling of the size of the Jav's weapons visibly.

• o7
Reactions: maynard

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
If those hit a ship smaller than a Connie, it should be instant death. Anything less than a Hammerhead should be critically damaged & the HH should take severe damage from the size of those behemoths. I suspect that there was a glitch in the scaling of the size of the Jav's weapons visibly.
Could be. I was thinking that I hope the larger weapons in SC would follow a similar playbook in Eve where the large weapons had a hard time tracking smaller ships. While a landed shot would instagib the smaller ship if it was moving it was unlikely to be hit.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Could be. I was thinking that I hope the larger weapons in SC would follow a similar playbook in Eve where the large weapons had a hard time tracking smaller ships. While a landed shot would instagib the smaller ship if it was moving it was unlikely to be hit.
I second that emotion

show me how fleet fights could work with any other balancing method

I backed this game for world-class fleet fights, dammit!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My assumption is that a low projectile speed should be enough to keep small ships safe at distance and a lower turret turning speed should be able to keep them safer at short distance...?

Forgot your password?