"The Newly Redesigned 2948 Mustang Beta": My team's (Arts&Crafts) entry for the Mustang Ship Commercial

ShakyWater

Vice Admiral
Jan 4, 2017
RSI Handle
shakywater
It's weird that the Fords and Hondas of the future all have guns on them and get in shootouts in their TV commercials.

Imagine the 2019 F-150 being shown in a commercial including a running gun fight on the freeway.

Whether you're hauling lumber, picking up the groceries, or shooting it out with some asshole on the 35, ...

You should make that commercial.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
You guys should be making the CIG commercials.
We agree Sunder. That would be fun... and hopefully pay some bills.

I agree problem is CIG has the programing on their end so it really restricts hasga and his group's potential. Maybe just hire them as consultants let them decide on what to make the commercial and make CIG make it to their standards.
Nah... the in-house team has access to in-engine tools and can put the camera wherever the want. Also, we're a team of three. CIG's in-house team isn't much bigger, but they do have a lot of people they have to run their work through... and I'm sure there are cases of "too many cooks in the kitchen" at times. We'd love the opportunity to work with their team, but I wouldn't expect us to have as much input as one might want. But who knows. I can't speak for DamnShame or Utho, but I personally thrive in restrictive environments. The fact that we have very limited camera controls turns it into a problem solving exercise for me... which is how I approach most of my professional graphic design work as well. Given the freedom of the in-engine camera, I might have a brain fart.

"The Newly Redesigned 2948 Mustang Beta"
Wait, they redesigned the Mustangs? Wow, I have been out of the loop.
Yes they did. I was actually working on showing both the old AND new in one scene together but ran out of time. It was technically challenging and had to scrap the idea otherwise we wouldn't have finished in time. BUT, here is a very rough proof-of-concept I was working on.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Simply amazing; loved the narrative style and tones of the voice actor! It's a nice contrast in energy from the official Kraken trailer from earlier this month.

I hope that whatever prize that CIG gives the winners is comparable to the talent and effort that you and your team put into these trailers.
THANKS Myre!!
The prizes for these commercial contests have been interesting to say the least... well, the variation has been interesting.
The first contest, the 600i commercial, we each won an Aegis Eclipse with LTI for first place.
The second contest, the Prospector commercial, we each one a full GAME PACKAGE with a Hurrican LTI for second. First place (Narayan), was a full game package with an Orion LTI!!!
The prizes for THIS contest are:
  1. 1st Place – Standalone Constellation Phoenix w/ LTI
  2. 2nd Place – Standalone Aegis Eclipse w/LTI
  3. 3rd Place – Standalone Avenger Warlock w/ LTI
So we're back to the standalone ship with no game package.

That was awesome, great editing. easy got my vote :smile:

CHEERS!
Thank you so much!

Truly amazing, I wish I had that kind of talent... all I can do is make beer disappear.
Making beer disappear IS an amazing talent. Shhh... don't tell anyone here... but I don't like beer. I like all other alcohol but not beer.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
It's weird that the Fords and Hondas of the future all have guns on them and get in shootouts in their TV commercials.

Imagine the 2019 F-150 being shown in a commercial including a running gun fight on the freeway.

Whether you're hauling lumber, picking up the groceries, or shooting it out with some asshole on the 35, ...

This would totally inspire me to buy a new truck.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha

HAHAHAHAA

This would totally inspire me to buy a new truck.
Me too

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
It looks like you have competition sadly really shocked so many good commercials are comming out of this.
Bias aside I think the tone and messaging of this commercial is wrong. It’s driving the message of a home wherever you are which is more suited to an aurora. A mustang is supposed to be exciting, not a doona (duvet, and whatever you call it in America - bed marshmallow).

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
It looks like you have competition sadly really shocked so many good commercials are comming out of this.
Ah yes, the Squatty Potty guy. I do like a lot of the footage they got... it is pretty.

Bias aside I think the tone and messaging of this commercial is wrong. It’s driving the message of a home wherever you are which is more suited to an aurora. A mustang is supposed to be exciting, not a doona (duvet, and whatever you call it in America - bed marshmallow).
I hope CIG sees it that way

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
WELL DONE GENTS
Thanks August!!

Nice who all won and what? i cant goto the rsi website during work its blocked.
Like August said, we got first place!

As for prizes:
  • 1st Place – Standalone Constellation Phoenix w/ LTI
  • 2nd Place – Standalone Aegis Eclipse w/LTI
  • 3rd Place – Standalone Avenger Warlock w/ LTI

Reactions: SpudNyk and August

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
woohoo congrats to you guys do each of you get a phoenix or do you guys need to decide who gets it?
I assume it’s a 3-way dick punching competition to see who gets the Phoenix.
Hahaha... no, we each get our own ship. Each of us will have a Phoenix (and, presumably, a Lynx and P-72 since those come with it)

Forgot your password?