• Nay!

Votes: 61 88.4%

• Total voters

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
Funny, people wanted out because of what one person said about a game that they thought was a scam. Now those people who wanted so bad to leave got their wish. I say make em pay for the game the new way, It was their choice the first time now they have to own it. Like some old sayings go, The past is the past, there is no changing it. and Tuff fucking shit, suck it up buttercup!!! Woo #tablethrow

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'd give them the option to repledge if they wanted. But go ahead and lock all of the items to their accounts, and flag the account to make sure it doesn't get sold.

EDIT: Make 'em go through an actual person in customer service if they need to actually change information. Make it clear to anyone trying to buy it that it's a flagged an heavily monitored account.

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
i call upon the fake tits analogy. i can go and get a E cup if i wanted to, then if i decided i didnt want them anymore a couple years later, i could have them removed. but the skin in the area would never be perfect again like it was before i decided to make a stupid decision.

point is, they made thier mistake and they should have to live with it. you can allways go back, but it wont be the same as it was before.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
I'm of the opinion that it was generous of CIG to refund them in the first place. I can sympathize with DS "duping" them but for CIG to give them their accounts/ships/packages back is just unrealistic at this juncture. It also is entirely possible that the records of those refunds may not even exist anymore. So yeah. Sorry guys/gals but your gonna have to jump in with everyone else who is just now finding out about this amazing game.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
But according to his twitter page, he has joined the Star Citizen ranks.

View attachment 3327
I would be very surprised if this is the case. DS is a troubled individual, and the term "hater's gonna hate" was pretty much coined for him. One day perhaps.

Was the image from his twitter feed or from a repost elsewhere?

Edit note: from the things that DS has said about Sandi (probably factual, but pretty nasty), the chance of Chris Roberts putting his arm around Derek in any way other than a choke hold seems slim.

Last edited:

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
Ever since the Star Citizen 3.0 demo, Derek Smart's Smarties are asking to reverse the refunds and pleading to CIG to return their original packages.

View: http://i.imgur.com/NM70lsZ.png

Link to OP on Reddit

Apparently some want to get the packages they brought which got previously refunded with all the perks they didn't want no more,

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRJd6ErG7qo

So will CIG be a kind god king? Or should they make them start from scratch? Also SC is getting a lot of positive press from a lot of the doubters.
For the number if people involved (the subset being those who invested, who obtained a refund, who still follow SC news, who believe that they have made a mistake, who decide to try to reverse that) I don't think it would be feasible for SC customer services to treat them differently from any other account if their accounts are resurrected.

I am all for treating them like the prodigal sons and daughters, but I think from a practical standpoint they would just have to resubscribe from scratch.

Forgot your password?