The One Ship Manufactuer you just can't stand

What is the one ship Manufacturer you just can't stand?

• Total voters

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I find the cultural reapropriation of Espiria highly offensive. How are my Tevarin friends supposed to feel when they see a knock-off Prowler descending on a spaceport? It's thoughtless.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Awww, man the hate for Origin exists.

Is it just because luxury without any other benefits in a computer game is totally pointess? Even if it gives you a rep boost, what do you want to have a rep for: Your actions or Your possessions. I'd rather be knows as "That guy who saved that outpost" not "That guy who flies Origin ships"

I'm a fan of the 350R by the way, so don't go thinking I hate Origin too... I'm just... a little confused about the point of them at the moment...

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
How would you earn money easily with a prowler? It's a dropship. (Serious, confused question, not smartassery.)
It's a stealth boarding ship. You can drop peeps planetary if you like, but it is specialized to sneak up on unsuspecting craft, blast them with blinding distortion and deliver party favors.

What's more fun that loaning ships off others? Seriously, that is a bargain.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Is it really going to be easy to ambush ships with it to capture them?
No. The official word from CIG is this should be the most difficult task in the game, and Vanduul ships self-destruct, so your options will be very limited. Flying outlaw makes it even harder i think, but there should be a place for nice guy boarding parties.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
"What is the one ship Manufacturer you just can't stand? "

Personally, I can't stand ... any ships that I can't be in other than laying down the entire time. It's like being in a badass coffin that flies, yet is still effectively a coffin.

As for Origin, I'm a bit of a paradox (I hate literally everything about APPLE) I generally love Origin ship designs.

Reactions: O-Lefty and Deroth

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The Drake aesthetic just doesn't cut it for me.
The interiors of World War 2 bombers looks more advanced.

In second place, for me, is Robert's Strut Industries.

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
I don't particularly care for Origin. Not because of the luxury, or it's similarities to Apple, but because it reminds me of those expensive import cars that also cost a fortune on maintenance. I personally own 1 Origin vessel and it's their militarized single seat starter type (125 I think?) but none of their other ships peaked my interest to be honest.

I generally enjoy my Aegis ships, with Drake and Anvil right behind in 2nd and Esperia in 3rd. The alien tax is a bit vicious but I do enjoy my Blade, it handles well and has decent armament, I can't say Im proud of it but also can't say I regret it either.

Pondering using some store credit to make it a Glaive but am waiting for the sale to be closer to its end.

Last edited:

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
So do you find yourself fighting under 2k range in order to use the ballistics, or do you go back and forth?

The thing I hate about S1 guns is the tiny range--seems to me a huge disadvanatge unless you are jousting. I'm always curious how pilots cope with that.
Actually the agility and speed is pretty decent that I dont seem to find myself struggling to stay close to target.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I voted for MISC. Even though I love what their ships do, I love that they're rugged and industrial and focused, I can't get over the fact that they look like s**t.

Forgot your password?