The Rival

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I've always thought about going airsoft but all the matches seem to end with I shot you... no you didn't and so I went with paintball instead as its hard for them to say i missed sporting a nice large paint mark.

I wish, but it seems just having the nerf gun on the desk made some (or probably one) of my coworkers feel threatened. Now my wall paper is of a nice IWI Tavor.
I use a PKM or an M240B. I like people who don't call their hits because I just keep shooting them till they do. One guy got hit with 10 shots to the head. It's easy to do when I fire 22 bbs per second, ha.

I call all of my hits though. Even the ones that may have been something else. If I'm not sure, I'll go back to spawn.

what are you.....an adult? get that shit outta here!
I'm an Adult that can't drink beer. I'm an abomination.... and a tank.

It looks almost exactly like the Israeli made assault rifle it is named after, which is certainly one of the finest weapons made anywhere in the world,
That's not the best weapon in the world. This is the best weapon in the world.

It even has room to hold some or those bullpups in the back :D

Though if we're talking airsoft, then the best weapon is Optic Thunder:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I use a PKM or an M240B. I like people who don't call their hits because I just keep shooting them till they do. One guy got hit with 10 shots to the head. It's easy to do when I fire 22 bbs per second, ha.

I call all of my hits though. Even the ones that may have been something else. If I'm not sure, I'll go back to spawn.

I'm an Adult that can't drink beer. I'm an abomination.... and a tank.

That's not the best weapon in the world. This is the best weapon in the world.

It even has room to hold some or those bullpups in the back :smile:

Though if we're talking airsoft, then the best weapon is Optic Thunder:

you heretic

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Everybody wants a new gun. It's a well-known fact that combat rifles reached perfection in the 60's with the US M14. Everything since then has been downhill. Who ever heard of going to war with .22s?
People can argue back and forth about the utility in any given cartridge. I prefer the .308/7.62 as well, but Tavor makes this same rifle in that caliber too, and it is a bullpup, which means it is lighter, easier to carry, swings around corners in close combat faster, etc. It also has a host of modern features the old M14 does not.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
People can argue back and forth about the utility in any given cartridge. I prefer the .308/7.62 as well, but Tavor makes this same rifle in that caliber too, and it is a bullpup, which means it is lighter, easier to carry, swings around corners in close combat faster, etc. It also has a host of modern features the old M14 does not.
Its all situational and personal preference with trade offs and perks.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I am a fan of bullpups. I used to carry a long gun around looking for elk, and I can tell you when scrambling through brush or over boulders, shorter is better. Lighter is also better with an easy round like the .308. You would not want to fire a .300 Win Mag that only weighed 7 lbs. They can hurt.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I am a fan of bullpups. I used to carry a long gun around looking for elk, and I can tell you when scrambling through brush or over boulders, shorter is better. Lighter is also better with an easy round like the .308. You would not want to fire a .300 Win Mag that only weighed 7 lbs. They can hurt.
I agree

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The IWI X-95 actually has several improvements over the original Tavor. They are instructive as to what makes real evolution in gun design.

View: https://youtu.be/CASkgMiTZDc

And they are down in price from $2,500 to $1,750. With a short mag this is a great deer rifle. Supposed to be crazy quite suppressed in .300 Blackout. Perfect in the Zombie Apocalypse, or just for shooting without ear protection.

Forgot your password?