The TEST Pioneer we bought already comes with the Land Claim

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Has anyone discussed the practical applications for this game dynamic? For instance, it seems to me that since most of us will live aboard our ships or at stations, a good use for land would be to clump claims together on inner system objects with good mining prospects. And one supposes people will be buying other players claims to extend their mining capabilities? Should be a thing. Homes we can move. Claims need more serious consideration.
Sure are thinking of it anyway. The main problem is that what I've heard so far (including today's video) is incompletely thought out. But, Chris Roberts has used the term "Crafting Economy" several times in the past - and in this video he not only links it with the land claims mechanic but he also outlines some of their plans and the directions they're exploring. He includes building communities for organizations around a land claim. Sounds like a plan to me. The only problem for me (in figuring out what exactly to do) is that there are still a lot of unanswered questions, but I like the direction so far. Video link here... in yellow.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baOd4MLeFkM

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If I were interested in creating a large corp online, I would seek investment from players who want a steady income so they can direct their attention to things other than making money. There must be a way to derive a large benefit from large parcels of land. Pooling land claims ought to have some severe advantages when done in very large groups.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
I imagine the Org membership will play some part in the land claims.

We wont all need one, I suspect you will be able to set permisions on who can do what on your land.

Reactions: marctek and StdDev
Forgot your password?