The TESTIE Times, Issue - 1

Would you like to see more of this kind of publication?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
This is epic, two thumbs up. Great info.

One thing, though (and it's probably cultural thing). I don't get why to lay the articles out in a way the they are all mixed up and one needs to hop pages here and there to read through a story? I've never understood the point in that. I read some American magazines regularly and it annoys the hell out of me. Why not just one full article, then another, then third etc?

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
This is epic, two thumbs up. Great info.

One thing, though (and it's probably cultural thing). I don't get why to lay the articles out in a way the they are all mixed up and one needs to hop pages here and there to read through a story? I've never understood the point in that. I read some American magazines regularly and it annoys the hell out of me. Why not just one full article, then another, then third etc?
For this one I threw in articles as I went and wouldn't finish certain ones till I got more info. So I'd get more info eventually and I would run out of space in the original spot for said article requiring a new page. I admit I'm not a fan of how that turned out and as such I plan on trying to keep info together instead of jumping around in the next issue.

Reactions: SARGE and HID45

Tameron

Space Marshal
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Tameron
Nice! Keep it up

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Recommend investing in a productivity suite, specifically Adobe InDesign. It's meant for this kind of work, but overall this looks good for a start. :)

Reactions: SARGE

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
I liked it. Only critique I have is keeping articles together as much as possible instead of jumping a page.
I disagree. True TEST fashion would be to have an article start on page 4, and continue on page 1. In fact, I'd like to see a 'choose your own TEST adventure' just to really seal the deal...

To apply aloe to Montoya's left nipple, turn to page 37.
To apply aloe to Montoya's right nipple, turn to page 81.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Fantastic effort, keep it up! I want to see more!

Reactions: SARGE

Macabre Poetry

Official Signature Generator Bot
Apr 24, 2014
RSI Handle
MacabrePoetry
Honestly, if you make one of these a month, it would be super useful. I've gotten really busy and can't keep up with the happenings. Our activity has exploded in the last few months and this is a great way to keep us up to date on everything

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
If you're in need an editor I'd be more than happy to check for spelling etc.

Forgot your password?