The time to decide approaches

Graf_Orlock

Space Marshal
Apr 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Graf_Orlock
and I have to finally figure out what I want to do with my fleet. Well, I don't HAVE to I suppose. Let me just get to the point:

I currently have a Hurricane and an 85x that I'm not super attached to but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on upgrading them. I was kinda thinking of upgrading the Hurricane to a Sabre Comet and the 85x to the Prospector (cuz that sounds interesting and useful).

Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to either talk me down from the ledge or push me over it with drunken gusto. I'm so indecisive that I've already deleted and rewritten this post 3 times, I think that's enough.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
and I have to finally figure out what I want to do with my fleet. Well, I don't HAVE to I suppose. Let me just get to the point:

I currently have a Hurricane and an 85x that I'm not super attached to but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on upgrading them. I was kinda thinking of upgrading the Hurricane to a Sabre Comet and the 85x to the Prospector (cuz that sounds interesting and useful).

Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to either talk me down from the ledge or push me over it with drunken gusto. I'm so indecisive that I've already deleted and rewritten this post 3 times, I think that's enough.
I'm assuming both your ships have LTI? They were both recently on sale as concept ships...if so, these are great ships to hang on to, but use as LTI "tokens", i.e., use them as the base for your ship upgrades.

I don't want to re-hash how to do that, if you already know.

In any event, all you need to do is purchase upgrades to these two ships, and then fly your new ships around. The Sabre is out now, and the Prospector will be out in 3.0, so Very Soon™. If you upgrade, both your new ships will have LTI. If you like them, keep them...if you don't like them, you can melt them, get the credits, buy back your original ships (with the LTI), and try out different upgrades.

The Sabre is sweet...very fast and maneuverable, and stealthy! The Prospector gets good reviews, but nobody is really sure how the mining game mechanism will work..

Good luck!

Graf_Orlock

Space Marshal
Apr 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Graf_Orlock
Well I went ahead and got the upgrade for the Hurricane -> Sabre, I think I'll hold off on the 85x after a little more consideration. I would like to give the prospector a proper go before I pull the trigger on it (if at some point I can actually run 3.0 at more than 10 spf). Thanks for all the good advice, beer all around =Þ

Forgot your password?