The ultimate mouse for SC?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I got mine about two weeks ago. Still in the box. I've been too busy with work to play with it. Evaluation comin' soon.
What sort of gamer are we now? Mine sits in its box as well and I know not to long ago it would have been hooked up and fully evaluated the day it arrived.

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Im struggling to come up with uses for all the axis.

Tilt is difficult, because it cancels out where you're already aiming - might go for strafe & ascend/descend? Throttle is going onto the thumbstick. Might put warp and gear on the others?

Reactions: Bambooza

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I was thinking of putting the 4 axis strafe on the tilt as its a pain with the keyboard at times. Was thinking the thumb knob would work for looking around.
Leaving the throttle on the keyboard and mouse look/cross hairs as they are.

Reactions: FluffyVonRage

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Ok tested it over the weekend.

I like the feel of it in my hand and it glides really nice on the mouse pad. They joystick part works well as well allowing for some flight controls that is near impossible to do with binary states on the keyboard (key pressing).

The only part that sucks is that the tilt spring tension while perfect for letting letting the mouse move while also tilting doesn't work well when you are also attempting to kick the buttons. I have not been able to hold the joystick part still while right or left mouse clicking which ends up strafing the ship when i was attempting to fire on the target so i am going to look into mapping the mouse click activities to the keyboard instead.

The mouse pad is nice but it has a large metal clip used to protect its power cable on the top center that catches the mouse cord.

So overall I like it, just wish i could click the mouse buttons with out causing it to dip forward on the joystick axis.

Bovinius_Cudd

Commander
Donor
May 14, 2020
RSI Handle
Bovinius_Cudd
Sorry to necro this thread, but my PU94 just got plugged in yesterday.

What I'm trying to accomplish is a HOS(left)AM(right) setup coupling the mouse with a T16000M, and I'm more or less happy with the config in the above post.

Since there's no nifty, custom mapping template like for the T16000m, it's difficult to share settings for the mouse, but I'll say that got the wobble axises set up for strafing fblr using keypresses in the lexip mapping software and a heavy deadzone to prevent my fat hand from sending my ship into a hangar wall. Up/down strafe is handled by the y axis mouse stick via keypress mapping, and afterburner/brakes are forward/backward on the x axis mouse stick.

I have yet to have an opportunity to try it, as I got locked in New Babbs by the tram but, and I'm waiting for a character reset.

Since it's been a while since anyone participated in this thread, I'm curious if anyone else is going the same route as I am, and if they'd be willing to share what's working for them.

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
I too have the mouse and, for now I have stopped using it. I'm actually using an ergonomic vertical type mouse, because carpal tunnel occasionally kicks in. It's fine for most purposes, though later I may try the Lexip again. I too found it frustrating not being able to click the mouse buttons w/o doing a forward tilt. I also found it a bit too easy to left click and would sometimes accidentally do so.

Bovinius_Cudd

Commander
Donor
May 14, 2020
RSI Handle
Bovinius_Cudd
I too have the mouse and, for now I have stopped using it. I'm actually using an ergonomic vertical type mouse, because carpal tunnel occasionally kicks in. It's fine for most purposes, though later I may try the Lexip again. I too found it frustrating not being able to click the mouse buttons w/o doing a forward tilt. I also found it a bit too easy to left click and would sometimes accidentally do so.
This mouse has two strikes against it which would normally preclude using it for anything:

1) It's small, so you're forced into a "claw" grip to use it if you want access to all of the features at once.
2) It's too sensitive. Accidental inputs are way too easy to trigger.

The issues seems to be (somewhat) resolved using it in a pair of "situational grip" styles, and by really cranking up the dead zone setting. One grip where you rest the butt of your hand on the pad for traditional mouse movement, and the other for stick/wobble movement.

I tried using it all day yesterday at work, and I can attest that this mouse will give you a mean case of carpal tunnel if used with traditional mouse posture. But toward the end of the day, I found the two-grip mode to ease that issue.

Hoping to try it tonight in game to see what else I can tweak, and then I'll post my mapping and a brief review.

Since I got it for dogfighting and TO/landing, I'm going to be wary of the tram bug and spawn somewhere that a pickup is most likely.

Is lorville a good spot for that, since it has the gates?

Bovinius_Cudd

Commander
Donor
May 14, 2020
RSI Handle
Bovinius_Cudd
Looks like the tilt-axis on the new unit I received from Lexip is DOA. Spent way too long muttering to myself while futilely attempting to accommodate in SC before I realized that it's easy enough to test by mapping the tilt axis to keypresses and then opening up notepad. 🙃

I'm in contact with Lexip about it, and I'm hoping to swap this defective unit out. I suppose I'll use this space to remark about the support Lexip provides and/or RMA process.

Bovinius_Cudd

Commander
Donor
May 14, 2020
RSI Handle
Bovinius_Cudd
Oh, man. It's a bummer to have to report this, but here goes.

tl;dr: The problem here is that they sent me a DOA device, and then went dark when I asked for a swap. I had to charge back and post here so others don't have the same experience.

Lexip has gone nearly a month without a reply. No attempt to RMA the device has succeeded. No solution was offered to replace the damaged mouse.

I tried on 4 separate occasions through their customer service emails, and through their website to reach them about a swap, or a return.

I even troubleshot the mouse, proving that the front and left accelerometers in the shell were DOA.

Today, I had enough and filed a dispute, and submitted the conversation and troubleshooting evidence to my payment provider.

This makes me quite sad because I really wanted this mouse to work, and was willing to troubleshoot so that they'd be able to understand, and maybe fix the issue that's causing it in other mice.

I'm still willing to accept a functional PU94 replacement's shortcomings (size, and achy hands due to the awkward grip) from them in trade for the broken one to make this right.

The possibilies with this mouse for dogfights are amazing:

More dynamic strafing while still being able to run gimballed weapons manually with one hand, while using your left stick for attitude, targeting, and countermeasures...

Ground vehicles that you can drive AND fire weapons using only your mouse, leaving your keyboard hand free for beer and whiskey, as the good Lord intended.

Again, I'm just sad that I didn't get the mouse I wanted, and then got burned by Lexip.

Might not be a great idea to buy one if you haven't already.

Bovinius_Cudd

Commander
Donor
May 14, 2020
RSI Handle
Bovinius_Cudd
Good lookin' out.

I really liked the idea of a thumbstick for afterburner-brakes, up-down, and the shell axes for the wads keys strafes in the same device.

Unfortunately, without the strafe AND the thumbstick, I can't get all I want out of a mouse-stick.. and the solution is a no go.

So unless Lexip gets it's shit together, I'm probably just going to bite the bullet and go hosas with pedals.

Guess I'll use the money I get back for 1/10th of a virpil connie alpha pair.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Oh, man. It's a bummer to have to report this, but here goes.

tl;dr: The problem here is that they sent me a DOA device, and then went dark when I asked for a swap. I had to charge back and post here so others don't have the same experience.

Lexip has gone nearly a month without a reply. No attempt to RMA the device has succeeded. No solution was offered to replace the damaged mouse.

I tried on 4 separate occasions through their customer service emails, and through their website to reach them about a swap, or a return.

I even troubleshot the mouse, proving that the front and left accelerometers in the shell were DOA.

Today, I had enough and filed a dispute, and submitted the conversation and troubleshooting evidence to my payment provider.

This makes me quite sad because I really wanted this mouse to work, and was willing to troubleshoot so that they'd be able to understand, and maybe fix the issue that's causing it in other mice.

I'm still willing to accept a functional PU94 replacement's shortcomings (size, and achy hands due to the awkward grip) from them in trade for the broken one to make this right.

The possibilies with this mouse for dogfights are amazing:

More dynamic strafing while still being able to run gimballed weapons manually with one hand, while using your left stick for attitude, targeting, and countermeasures...

Ground vehicles that you can drive AND fire weapons using only your mouse, leaving your keyboard hand free for beer and whiskey, as the good Lord intended.

Again, I'm just sad that I didn't get the mouse I wanted, and then got burned by Lexip.

Might not be a great idea to buy one if you haven't already.
Depending on which country you are in and how seriously mega peeved you are, you could take it to the small claims courts and give them a bit of an official bumming for being slackoffs when it comes to fulfilling their obligation/s to customers.

A product has to be fit for purpose on arrival, and for a time afterwards, where I am I believe that's two years for Electronics, and a charge-back through the bank isn't exactly the resolution anyone is looking for in cases like this.

If they won't listen to you, they'll listen to the Bailiffs coming to recoup the cost of your item in goods from their office.

EDIT - Heh, just looked on their website "4000 backers can't be wrong" sounds like they want to make that 3999 backers...?

Last edited:

Bovinius_Cudd

Commander
Donor
May 14, 2020
RSI Handle
Bovinius_Cudd
Sucks to hear your experiences @Bovinius_Cudd as I have been using mine for over a year now without issue. I have found myself not really using the body tilt for anything as clicking the mouse buttons also tends to cause the nose to dip which is terrible when attempting to stay on target.
I see why they put the forward "shelf" for lmb and rmb.

There's a certain grip that's required for each of the two modes of use, I think.

One for standard mouse stuff, and one for tilty-joysticky stuff. Its the only way this mouse seems to work out without really hurting your hand.

Bovinius_Cudd

Commander
Donor
May 14, 2020
RSI Handle
Bovinius_Cudd
Good News, Everyone!

Lexip finally processed my RMA, and I got the replacement on Wednesday.

I've had some time to play with a working mouse, and - shitty customer experience/logistics aside - this is a WONDERFUL solution for people who want to use a HOSAM control scheme. If you aren't the unluckiest fucker this side of the Mississippi, I still recommend that you buy one to meet your HOSAM needs.

It takes some getting used to, but it'll be a great, cost-effective, and keeb-free setup for dogfighting - until I decide to go VIRPIL.

As an initial setup:

Mouse:
  • Strafe (works for "on-foot" but is clunky)
    • Stick - up/down (jump/crouch "on-foot")
    • Tilt - Forward, Backward, Left, Right
  • Velocity
    • Stick forward - Afterburner (run "on-foot")
    • Stick backward - Brakes (prone "on-foot")
    • Wheel - Speed limiter (walking pace "on-foot")
    • Top button - Cruise toggle (I think this applies an oxypen on-foot?)
T-16000M:
  • Stick movement - Pitch, roll, yaw
  • Hat: (Targeting)
    • Up - Select targeted hostile
    • Right - Select closest hostile
    • Left - Cycle hostiles
    • Down - Cycle friendlies
  • Trigger: Weapon Groups 1 and 2 (for now)
  • Top-Right: Missiles (tap to target, hold to fire)
  • Top-Left: Fire Countermeasures
I'll fly this weekend and tweak the setup. Once I'm satisfied, I'll provide a handy mapping diagram for each which details my "final" setup.

And thank you for coming to my TED talk.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Good News, Everyone!

Lexip finally processed my RMA, and I got the replacement on Wednesday.

I've had some time to play with a working mouse, and - shitty customer experience/logistics aside - this is a WONDERFUL solution for people who want to use a HOSAM control scheme. If you aren't the unluckiest fucker this side of the Mississippi, I still recommend that you buy one to meet your HOSAM needs.

It takes some getting used to, but it'll be a great, cost-effective, and keeb-free setup for dogfighting - until I decide to go VIRPIL.

As an initial setup:

Mouse:
  • Strafe (works for "on-foot" but is clunky)
    • Stick - up/down (jump/crouch "on-foot")
    • Tilt - Forward, Backward, Left, Right
  • Velocity
    • Stick forward - Afterburner (run "on-foot")
    • Stick backward - Brakes (prone "on-foot")
    • Wheel - Speed limiter (walking pace "on-foot")
    • Top button - Cruise toggle (I think this applies an oxypen on-foot?)
T-16000M:
  • Stick movement - Pitch, roll, yaw
  • Hat: (Targeting)
    • Up - Select targeted hostile
    • Right - Select closest hostile
    • Left - Cycle hostiles
    • Down - Cycle friendlies
  • Trigger: Weapon Groups 1 and 2 (for now)
  • Top-Right: Missiles (tap to target, hold to fire)
  • Top-Left: Fire Countermeasures
I'll fly this weekend and tweak the setup. Once I'm satisfied, I'll provide a handy mapping diagram for each which details my "final" setup.

And thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Excellent to hear this matter has been successfully resolved.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?