The ultimate mouse for SC?

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I'd be willing to bet that a good portion of the almost 4k backers are SC players. Very nice find. 6dof is a bitch to control in an intuitive manner. If I wasn't completely sold on dual joysticks, I would back this as well. Hell, I almost did anyway...

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Damn it, I pledged and as I watched the video I couldn't believe how it's not been before, that thing is a work of art and now my bank account is crying again.

Worth it if this mouse is as good as it looks but the dude playing it had a genuine look of satisfaction on his face so I was sold already.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If this gaming mouse comes in both Right & Left hand variants (as I think I heard somewhere near the end of the vid), then in theory, this 3D mouse could be potentially dual moused similar to a dual stick. Imagine the control that you could have then.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
How much control are you actually gonna have with a tiny amount of movement on the main mouse and a tiny amount of movement on the thumjoystick?

The vid shows someone landing a ship at aobut 1% throttle - I'd like to see how the mouse performs when dogfighting at 400m/s - I suspect it will be vastly inferior to twin T16000m joysticks which run at about £80 for a pair.

I'll keep an eye on it as it's a good idea, but not sure it's worth £100++ - depends on the build quality, which in the video, doesn't look good!

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Mitauchi was given a beta version of it and he was not impressed with it. I think he said boredgamer also had a copy and is not doing a youtube review. I believe it was in the last spacebros show.
Crap.... I just pledged for one too... $128. Am I essentially gonna get ripped off? Come to think of it.. is that a high price for a 3D mouse?

Plaguedealer76

Commander
Feb 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Pandaemonium76
Mitauchi was given a beta version of it and he was not impressed with it. I think he said boredgamer also had a copy and is not doing a youtube review. I believe it was in the last spacebros show.
I am sure it works and is not a rip off. But Mitauchi said the joystiq part on the side of the mouse was a little off.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I'd be willing to bet that a good portion of the almost 4k backers are SC players. Very nice find. 6dof is a bitch to control in an intuitive manner. If I wasn't completely sold on dual joysticks, I would back this as well. Hell, I almost did anyway...
I was thinking of going the dual joystick route but I realized most of the ships I own would not benefit from that degree of finesse and so a keyboard and mouse would still be my go to. Add a little bit of control control would be a great addition.

But Mitauchi said the joystiq part on the side of the mouse was a little off.
I can see that if you wanted to use them as analog thumb sticks being a little off. But it also looks like it can be more like a action button as well which would be nice.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Okay, I'm a whore. I backed for $128.00, whatever that level is. Interesting that there appears to be a Star Citizen customization. (?)
That seems to be what sold it to me upon a further review of my actions. Damn you, Chris Roberts! I will not buy a Vulcan. I don't need a Vulcan. I need to get some other ships outta hock, that paid for my 890.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Okay, I'm a whore. I backed for $128.00, whatever that level is. Interesting that there appears to be a Star Citizen customization. (?)
That seems to be what sold it to me upon a further review of my actions. Damn you, Chris Roberts! I will not buy a Vulcan. I don't need a Vulcan. I need to get some other ships outta hock, that paid for my 890.
I respectfully disagree with you identifying as a "whore". A "whore" trades for something of value (usually finances) for their efforts (usually of a sexual nature). In this equation, you would be more of the "John" who works out the barter with the prior to utilize their services. Which means that more than likely you might find yourself to be VERY popular with a certain type of individual in game that will hope to do business with you as often as possible. Cheers!

Forgot your password?