The Valkyrie Dropship--ready to fly?!!!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah nevermind that ship you pledged for years ago that's not even being talked about, fresh cash now!
I have resigned myself to the fact that the Endeavor will probbably release after the game leaves Beta and most of the new ships will be flyable before it... I believe they even said that this was going to be the case in its concept sale in 2015 so I've set myself up for a long wait 🙂

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
To anyone who bought one: Can I shoot out of the open side-doors? Anyone who runs is a Vanduul, and anyone who stands still is a well disciplined Vanduul.....
I see what you did there, Private Joker, and my finger hovered over the “buy” button for exactly the same reason. Still might buy one, for exactly the same reason!

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
It was a pretty cool ship to check out, I dig the side turrets and it's ability to change which position the soldiers deploy from if need be. Easily the best dedicated dropship right now. Looks like the redeemer is taking the gunship role.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Damn it. I really, really wanted one. But I had to think of what would be the best ROI for the Spicyweiner conglomerate and TEST Squadron. So I got a Connie Phoenix. Because I looked around that Valk and saw no signs of a hot tub, a bar or a piano
UPDATE: I'm cruising around in the Phoenix, and I stop the ship to head back to the lounge for a drink and a dip in the hot tub. I go to the bar and try to grab a bottle, but it don't work(yet). SO, I walk over to the hot tub and push the button that uncovers the tub, but it don't work(yet). The piano hasn't even been installed(yet). So's I immediately fly back to olisar, quit the game, and buy a Valk. Pew Pew party fun! Oh, I kept the Phoenix of course, I'm not an idiot(as far as you know)

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
What's the cargo capacity?
I don't think it has cargo plates. Nothing listed, but if vehicles count as cargo, one could argue; whcih may be why nothing on the ships page.
I'm honestly torn between getting this later & upgrading my Hoplite to it.
Wait until some speed numbers come in. If the Hoplite is twice as fast, could still be the better choice. Fighting from a transport is generally a bad idea. You're much better off flying past problems than risking a crew. I think this is going to rule in situations that actually need 3 Hoplites, and very few of those will be space boardings. 3 Hoplites costs much more, but would seem to me to do a better job unless you need a vehicle.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I feel you but I'm really considering melting my redeemer. I'm on the fence because other than a gunship there is virtually no info, that I've been able to find, on where they're taking it or what they're going to do with it.
They said is going to become a pure gun ship much like the AC-130 Spectre gunship and would be a great complement to the Valkyrie.

It really is shaping up to be similar to this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpYDUhm0N7Q

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I feel you but I'm really considering melting my redeemer. I'm on the fence because other than a gunship there is virtually no info, that I've been able to find, on where they're taking it or what they're going to do with it.
I always suggest buy and fly what is available, rather than wait and wonder what a ship will be like. There is plenty of time to swap out stuff in the future.

The Vangards are going to be hard to beat, especially in atmo.

Forgot your password?